UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

F1 French GP

Old 07-16-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture

BTW BSB is now on ITV
Old 07-16-2006, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan Hale,Jul 16 2006, 02:09 PM
If you like the F1 and don't like people saying it was dull, why not say what was good about it?
Not that much to be honest. I just wonder why the bike-racing fans need to come to a thread on F1 and complain about how boring it is by comparison. If you're not interested, don't watch. I haven't posted on the Moto GP thread complaining about how boring the race I didn't watch was.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:52 AM

currently watching the F1 on video.. usual stuff.. so not disappointed - and can fast forward if necessary.. it's most effective way to watch given the adverts.

though did watch the moto gp for the first time, more or less by mistake as I was channel hopping..

I don't know anything about the bikes..actually surprised how early the race starts... Have to agree it was exciting..I was willing rossi on.. simply because it was great to see him overtaking everybody.. hope that jap guy was not too badly hurt.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dembo,Jul 16 2006, 03:38 PM
If you're not interested, don't watch.
But the thing is, I am interested.

Like many on here I suspect, I've watched every F1 GP since I was a kid and have been to Silverstone three times. It's just that over the last five or so years, I'm left at the end of the race thinking, "well that was a waste of 2 hours ...".

I want to see it made more interesting, not shelved ...
Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shiskine,Jul 16 2006, 03:51 PM
But the thing is, I am interested.

Like many on here I suspect, I've watched every F1 GP since I was a kid and have been to Silverstone three times. It's just that over the last five or so years, I'm left at the end of the race thinking, "well that was a waste of 2 hours ...".

I want to see it made more interesting, not shelved ...
That's fair, although to be honest I think the most boring F1 season ever was the McLaren dominated 1988.

But I do think it's time to move away from deciding races by pit stop strategy rather than on track racing, and to engineer a solution to the aerodynamic problem.

But to put it into perspective, last weekend half the world's population tuned in to see virtually nothing happen for 2 hours in a field in Germany. Often with sport it's the outcome that's exciting, not necessarily every game/race/match.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Banned

I severely lament the decision to move back to tyre changes this year. Bridgestone were shite at making tyres last a race and it showed in the horrific performance of Ferrari last year.

But during a vote on the subject at the end of last season, because Red Bull were getting Ferrari engines, their team boss cast the deciding vote in Ferrari's favour. Thus we now have tyre changes and Ferrari dominance again this year.

Now Christian Horner wants out of his Ferrari engine deal, but the rest of the field has to live with his decision. Great going, ball bag...
Old 07-16-2006, 10:46 AM

What F1 needs is more than one team getting it right each race weekend, we need to see mclaren, honda and toyota pushing the likes of ferrari and renault (in racing not testing). If you have five or six teams at the top of their game then it would be very exciting indeed.

And I would hardly say ferrari are dominating they've had two races where they have had a tyre advantage and I'd rather see Ferrari fight and dominate the second half of the season than watch Alonso be given it on a plate by the other teams.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:36 AM

Maybe, as Honda owners (and fans i assume) we are a bit bored because the "home" team is really doing unexplicably bad this year again? I trust, if like Moto GP, any of 4 drivers/mfters could win a race, no one would be calling it boring.

I came in late - what happed to the hondas this time around?
Old 07-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Rubens blew up, and Jenson got bored with driving round at the back and came into the pits with 8 laps to go
Old 07-16-2006, 12:16 PM

Oh well...

Quick Reply: F1 French GP