UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

F1 - Brazil GP discussion

Old 10-24-2004, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel sorry for the Jag crew. Bad finish of the team really, they have been good sports and donkeydoes is great

I saw the interview with the ugly and is that right ? If the government ban tabacco advertising completely surely that is EU legislation or are this government really ing stupid ??? (On 2nd thoughts I know the answer to this anyway)
Old 10-24-2004, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fieldl,Oct 24 2004, 07:16 PM
Feel sorry for the Jag crew. Bad finish of the team really, they have been good sports and donkeydoes is great
How embarassing
Old 10-24-2004, 01:31 PM

Caught the last lap!!! I will tape the highlights. Shame for Jag though - bet Webber was actually pretty pissed off!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A well seserved win to Montoya though (I'll admit I thought he was the more likely one to pull off a stunt like Webber did ). Be interesting next year to see him racing against KR in the same team, assuming there is some TV coverage to watch
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM

That truly was just about the worst race coverage this season, they really did miss just about everything - you'd be watching, it was very obvious something was about to happen, and they would switch to another camera!!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:37 AM

Mark - if you watch the video again, Webber had the corner. He was level with Klein - Klein turned in on him.

If Klein hadn't turned in we'd all be saying what a great move it was....
Old 10-25-2004, 01:59 AM

Fair point, RM - having seen it again this morning, I agree I pointed the finger at the wrong Jag driver.

But even so, was it REALLY such a good idea for him to get putting that kind of move on his team-mate....? Anyone else, fair enough - it was a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre, but it was a bit ill-considered (IMO, anyway) to try that with your own team-mate and risk putting both cars out of the race - especially on the team's last race in F1.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:40 AM

I've not watched any F1 races recently as I've had better things to do........like watch paint dry. However I heard that MS was down the back and figured this would make a good race...

wrong.......what absolute rubbish....I saw Ron Dennis being interviewed and you can see he is worried about the current state of Formula Bore....and when Ron worries then it's serious

I used to watch and record every race and re-watch them during the winter........jeez that seems a long time ago now
Old 10-25-2004, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Turner,Oct 25 2004, 09:59 AM
But even so, was it REALLY such a good idea for him to get putting that kind of move on his team-mate....? Anyone else, fair enough - it was a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre, but it was a bit ill-considered (IMO, anyway) to try that with your own team-mate and risk putting both cars out of the race - especially on the team's last race in F1.
You're absolutely correct Mark, it's the biggest no-no to crash into your own team mate, and Webber is usually fairly derogatory about the ability of his team-mates, so should not have been expecting any favours. It was his fault IMO.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:52 AM

[QUOTE=AlexC,Oct 25 2004, 11:32 AM]You're absolutely correct Mark, it's the biggest no-no to crash into your own team mate, and Webber is usually fairly derogatory about the ability of his team-mates, so should not have been expecting any favours.

Quick Reply: F1 - Brazil GP discussion