UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

External Temp Gauge

Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what you want

http://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/vellema...dicator-kit.htm

it flashes the LED when there is a risk of ice and puts the LED on permenant below 0 it runs off 12v and can be hidden under the dash with just the led showing, all for less than a tenner

its a kit though so you need to be able to solder or know someone who can
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by C7 JFW' date='Jan 7 2009, 11:33 PM
I'm fitting one to the custom dash i'm having built at the moment.
That would be interesting?? Are you doing a thread?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by CJMY04' date='Jan 7 2009, 08:05 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is anyway to fit the 06 onwards external temp gauge module to my 04 one? Whilst I love my car I am attracted to the VSA and external temp gauge on the 06 onwards ones. My other half thinks I am crazy to even consider swapping mine as it really is in mint condition but these things lacking it really bugs me! What would a resonable difference between the two models cost me? I'd hope to get 12.5K for mine (34K miles GT with hard top and stand etc etc).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :-)
Just before Christmas I paid 13k on the nose for a Black 2005 GT with 17,500 miles on the clock, full service history, Tax till September and an MOT put on the day before. It also came with a years AA warranty for peace of mind.

One lady owner from new, her husband bought it for her and she never used it!I even found a never used hard top cover and tonneau cover in the boot!

It came from an Jaguar/Aston Martin dealer down in Exeter, the guy traded it in for a DB9 for his wife and an XKR for him. The car is totally mint, not a scratch on it!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 AM

I've been looking for a combined clock and temp guage and found THIS

The backlight can be changed to orange to match the car display. Was thinking about maybe mounting it into the stereo flap similar to the Scanguage display which was posted here on the forums the other day.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wobbly' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:13 PM

The backlight can be changed to orange to match the car display. Was thinking about maybe mounting it into the stereo flap similar to the Scanguage display which was posted here on the forums the other day.
Go for it, if tou do a neat install that will look cool
Old 01-09-2009, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wobbly' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:13 PM

Best looking solution so far.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 AM

Just ordered one, I'll keep you posted. Thinking ahead, where would be a good place to mount the temp sensor? I'm thinking along the lines of going through the bulk head into the engine bay through an existing hole. Obviously it's going to have to be well clear of the engine and exhaust and out of the windflow. I'm also thinking of tapping into the power feed for the stereo although I'm a little concerned as the ad does state a 6 v supply which I thought is a little odd. Any thoughts?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wobbly' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:37 PM
Just ordered one, I'll keep you posted. Thinking ahead, where would be a good place to mount the temp sensor? I'm thinking along the lines of going through the bulk head into the engine bay through an existing hole. Obviously it's going to have to be well clear of the engine and exhaust and out of the windflow. I'm also thinking of tapping into the power feed for the stereo although I'm a little concerned as the ad does state a 6 v supply which I thought is a little odd. Any thoughts?
Just dismantle the lighter plug and wire that into the accessory line in the fuse box under the drivers dash. How to in the FAQ.

If it has a cigi lighter plug then it will work from 12v although it may have some electronic transformer within the plug, otherwise the ebay ad is wrong. If you don't like the sound of that then you can wire in a lighter socket under the dash and then plug into that.

The oem temp guage is behind the bumper out of direct airflow and water. you should be able to get the sensor wires through an existing grommet into the engine bay.

If it's quite small you could look at mounting into the windscreen trim above the mirror.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM

I was going to wire a lighter socket under the dash for my TomTom so I may as well make it a double socket. I did look at the space above the mirror but I think this guage will be too big. I quite like the idea of cutting a snug fitting hole in the stereo flap and passing the unit through from behind. I'll have a beter idea when it turns up, thanks for the suggestions.