UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Extended Warranty

Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extended Warranty

There has been some talk on Bookie's "Jenson's woes" thread about extended warranties, their merits, cost and availability. I didn't want to hijack the Jenson thread anymore so have started a new thread to let those interested know that Lloyds of Carlisle have quoted me:

1 year warranty £250.00;
2 year warranty £450.00; and
3 year warranty £650.00

The warranty can be paid for in each case over 10 months interest free.

As others said this seemed to be a standard Honda offer so should be available at every dealer?!?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what does the warranty cover?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Your best bet is to speak to a dealer, although this is a good link giving details of the HN3 warranty

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discu...d-warranty.html I think Dave S may well be Davey2 from Braylake in Hemel, although that's just supposition on my part.

Basically, everything is covered for failure, but not for wear and tear. The definitions of which are subject to much argument.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes Davey2 on S2KI = Dave S on civicinfo

Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the standard Honda extended warranty. Must admit I haven't read the detail but flyer states it covers "protection against unforeseen mechanical and electrical repair costs and breakdown". It goes on to bullet point:

- all mechanical and all electrical;
- claims limit - purchase price of vehicle;
- full parts and labour cover;
- unlimited mileage and full uk and European Honda Assistance;
- additional benefits of vehicle replacement (max 5 days) up to £40 per day incl VAT and overnight accommodation of up to £150 incl VAT.

Hope this helps?

EDIT: Sorry just seen Lovegroove and AquilaEagle's posts which give more detail
Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good grief, is that still on there - must have a look one day.

Yes I am one and the same.

There have been revisions on some items of cover over the years but the level of cover is still the same.

The later discussion on the Jenson thread indicated that Avonvale Honda, Solihull would do a good deal, I have had the appropriate conversations with upper management and can do it also. So, if anyone wants to set a Northern and Southern buy then there are dealerships willing.

For a copy of the current terms etc then pm either Jody or myself with an email address, and it can be sent in pdf format.
Queries on cover can be answered on here if necc.
Please don't ask about the fabric roof being a covered item - it is not, it is a trim and does not have a mechanical or electrical purpose. (You just know it would be a question).

Please note though that the car would need to be inspected by the dealership prior to writing up the policy.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=Davey_2,Aug 9 2010, 01:59 PM]Good grief, is that still on there - must have a look one day.

Yes I am one and the same.

There have been revisions on some items of cover over the years but the level of cover is still the same.

The later discussion on the Jenson thread indicated that Avonvale Honda, Solihull would do a good deal, I have had the appropriate conversations with upper management and can do it also.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:36 PM

Morning jody, thanks for your comments.

It occurred to me that in order to email us, we may need to let members know our email addresses.

I can be contacted at david@brayley-honda.co.uk.

Can you put yours up here jody.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Good point.

I can be contacted at jody.boyle@listersgroup.co.uk
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Court Jester,Aug 9 2010, 12:24 PM
There has been some talk on Bookie's "Jenson's woes" thread about extended warranties, their merits, cost and availability. I didn't want to hijack the Jenson thread anymore so have started a new thread to let those interested know that Lloyds of Carlisle have quoted me:

1 year warranty £250.00;
2 year warranty £450.00; and
3 year warranty £650.00

The warranty can be paid for in each case over 10 months interest free.

As others said this seemed to be a standard Honda offer so should be available at every dealer?!?
I take it these figures are for an S2000 that has just come put of manufacturers warranty and with full Honda service history?

My car is a 2005 with Full Honda history except one by an independent. Would this be acceptable for the warranty?

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty