UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which Exhausts?

Old 09-05-2004, 12:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, I'd be dubious about such claims for a twin pipe, I think HKS claim a gain with their twin pipe but dynos have shown otherwise. However, dynos always have a margin of area and there are a number of variables. That's why I don't claim my S is pushing 250bhp+ with the T1R. Hopefully Brian or Nigel can add some know how to the thread.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know any Data on HKS?

They seem to use a lot of bumf on the site but not much substance.

To be honest I take any such claims for increase with a pinch of salt. It's all dependant on how they test the parts (on a chassis Dyno, Engine dyno with direct shaft to the dyno or engine dyno through a gearbox etc.)

Just provides a good place to start
Old 09-05-2004, 01:57 PM
GSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HKS sound nice

Stop me any buy one. Oh wait, I've already sold it

Minimal performance difference, just enjoy the sound. I could have sworn that I was gaining on Craig on the last Mids Meet (him T1R, me HKS + 2 Up) purely cos he is slow.

Seriously there isn't THAT MUCH difference between most modified cars to really notice. Go with what you like the sound of.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:09 PM
MrV

Originally Posted by craig armstrong,Sep 5 2004, 08:38 PM
Mr V, see the dyno graph for my T1R exhaust which is included in the group buy details (in my sig).

EDIT: the dyno graph is in the first GB to which the first post of the second GB (the one in my sig) links. I've confused myself...I'll find it and post a direct link...
Thanks for that Craig
Old 09-05-2004, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with you about the supersprint also having seen Boy Wonders. I love the sound and it looks OEM as the tail pipes curve with the line of the bumper. Almost looks like something Mercedes would do

If I do a zorst that's what I'm going 4
Old 09-05-2004, 04:03 PM

If money is no object go for the Amuse R1000, which again is a single exit with the straight through test pipe. Up to 9rwhp gain. I'm toying with the idea myself but can't seem to convince myself to get the extra 3rwhp peak.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:07 PM

Some more info:

Old 09-05-2004, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Amuse Boy,Sep 6 2004, 12:03 AM
If money is no object go for the Amuse R1000, which again is a single exit with the straight through test pipe. Up to 9rwhp gain. I'm toying with the idea myself but can't seem to convince myself to get the extra 3rwhp peak.
Hmmm, that gain is less than that claimed by the T1R, and the Amuse is more than twice the price! I know you will be saving few extra kgs but is seems a pricey way of doing so. Of course I do bow to its bling factor :AB

Ben, if you want a couple of video files (3 and 8MB I think) then let me know - they are better than the current clip Speedstar offers ont he second GB thread - made my mind up in an instant!

In fact, I'll leave my PC on today with the clips in my ARES (P"P software) shared files folder - I'll call them S2000 T1R

Download Ares (1MB)
Old 09-05-2004, 10:25 PM

Ben...I don't think the Super adds any power to my car.....don't forget I have the intake as well. I definitley felt more of a difference when I had the intake put on compared to the exhaust. Also remember I was travelling in your slipstream, I have done this a couple of times before with Fletch and its suprising what a huge difference it can make.

In short I think the Super adds 0 power.....its purely a noise machine
Old 09-05-2004, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by GSi,Sep 5 2004, 09:57 PM
Minimal performance difference, just enjoy the sound. I could have sworn that I was gaining on Craig on the last Mids Meet (him T1R, me HKS + 2 Up) purely cos he is slow.

Seriously there isn't THAT MUCH difference between most modified cars to really notice. Go with what you like the sound of.
You are only going to notice a difference on a long stretch - just yo-yoing between 20mph and 60 mph is not going to demonstrate any difference at all (which is all we seemed to do on the Midlands Meet ). The 100kg weight penalty Rob had with his meer cat, his own larger frame and his heavier OEM exhaust would make more of a difference than the exhaust gains.

However, aside from its mild steel construction a HKS sounds like its got something missing once you heard any of the single pipes It does look v nice when polished up like Blurter's (just dont adopt the Mr T approach of going for the crud&rust look )

Quick Reply: Which Exhausts?