UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

exhaust question....

Old 04-02-2006, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question....

righto chaps,

in need of some advise on the possibility of an exhaust change. couple of questions -

1). is there a noticable gain from standard to an uprated version?
2). i've always thought that twin exits loose alot of pressure/power so would a single exit be a better choice?
3). has any one had a custom made exhaust produced for the S? reason i ask is that i fancy some carbon tvr rear cans to be different. thats if its possible to not loose any power due to this.

many thanks

rus
Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 AM

search is best for answers to your questions. single exit makes more power then dual. and most aftermarket systems are louder but do not make massive power gains.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:16 AM

www.magnaflowuk.com have got both in stock at the mo, single in lightwieght Titanium and a stainless steel twin... both have bhp gains..
massive sellers in America.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've not heard of many people with a magnaflow on an S, not even in america.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Apr 2 2006, 04:32 AM
I've not heard of many people with a magnaflow on an S, not even in america.
Yep... honest, it is big over there.

I'm having a stainless twin exit next week, i do know a lot about exhausts, i've worked in motorsport for years...

Most uk companies boast about using T304, this is old news, T304 is too brittle for use on cars and many of the big names are finding this out, ok it looks shinny but it ain't up to the job, especially on big BHP cars. Instead Magnaflow have reverted back to T409 mixed with T430 which ok, isn't as shinny but is highly flexible, their cans are made of 16 gauge unlike 99.9% of other manufacturers, the downside is they are heavier but they are sooooooo strong you can belt them with a lump hammer and it wont budge as apposed to other big name you can flex it with your thumb!
The acoustics are made from rockwool, only one other company uses this and that is Ferrari on their OE system, hence these are not loud, they sound like an F1!!

Everyone else uses ceramic, sounds ok in first year but rapidly deteriorates and starts to go too loud.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:51 AM

PS when i say not shinny, they are still a mirror finish and use T304 on the end tails where it doesnt require flex.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 AM

My invidia sounds as good as eva Longoria shouting she wants it harder in your ears.

exhaust note on the S rules.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by M9 JOC,Apr 2 2006, 05:08 AM
My invidia sounds as good as eva Longoria shouting she wants it harder in your ears.

exhaust note on the S rules.
Ive put a K&N Typhoon on mine and it sounds good as the FEMALE cast of Hollyoaks bending over infront of me saying,, which do you want to take first!

Old 04-02-2006, 05:31 AM

I added a t1-r single exit exhaust to my car and dropped my 1/4er mile time by 0.5 seconds and added 4-5mph to my trap speed!!! Single's make the best power and usually give good weight savings as well. My car sounds mean as #### but I know a lot of people have hang ups over the looks. I did too but I'm used to it now and it'll look better when I finally get round to getting the zetec cap for the rear bumper
Old 04-02-2006, 07:22 AM

sounds like the magnaflow is a good system. price is good as well. i'm tempted!

Quick Reply: exhaust question....