UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 05-31-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
Originally Posted by Carl2k7' timestamp='1369937178' post='22576318
Hey Guys, been reading through this thread and i'm thinking of doing this mod just got a few questions

I have a gutted Airbox with a K&N Filter
Currently have a decat pipe in place

if i was to remove the centre muffler box and do this mod would it be too much ? (i realise its down to personal opinion)

is there any more information on it affecting performance ? or is it still regarded as being negligable?

thanks
Carl.
I have a gutted airbox with K&N filter and no mid box or helm holtz resonator (mid box & helm holtz resonator was done by previous owner) I like my sound, apparently it is noticably louder than just the exhaust mod but people have said they like it! And performance wise, its negligable.
^^
Agree with that. I have a K&N CAI and Garage R decat with the 32mm mod and it is louder. It took me some getting used to but I absolutely love it now that the new steel has coked up a bit and its tone has become more, dare I say, supercar.

The little pops and bangs I get when heel and toeing on the downshifts is just brilliant too!!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Decat + mod = racing car sound ( or thats what people tell me)
Old 06-02-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RotaxMax
Originally Posted by AlexGJ248' timestamp='1369950040' post='22576872
[quote name='Carl2k7' timestamp='1369937178' post='22576318']
Hey Guys, been reading through this thread and i'm thinking of doing this mod just got a few questions

I have a gutted Airbox with a K&N Filter
Currently have a decat pipe in place

if i was to remove the centre muffler box and do this mod would it be too much ? (i realise its down to personal opinion)

is there any more information on it affecting performance ? or is it still regarded as being negligable?

thanks
Carl.
I have a gutted airbox with K&N filter and no mid box or helm holtz resonator (mid box & helm holtz resonator was done by previous owner) I like my sound, apparently it is noticably louder than just the exhaust mod but people have said they like it! And performance wise, its negligable.
^^
Agree with that. I have a K&N CAI and Garage R decat with the 32mm mod and it is louder. It took me some getting used to but I absolutely love it now that the new steel has coked up a bit and its tone has become more, dare I say, supercar.

The little pops and bangs I get when heel and toeing on the downshifts is just brilliant too!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I have noticed mine backfires a little now when heel & toeing. I have always wanted a car that did that. The smile doesn't come off when it does that!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PTR300
once done, ENJOY !!
Wow, wow and wow!

The sound is just lovely, quiet around town, but when WOT it just kind of grumbles and really is what I'd of expected the car to sound like from the factory.!

Very happy I had the mod done, just wish I'd read this thread sooner!

Cannot recommend http://www.fabexhausts.com/ enough to get this done. They are happy to do the mod and it took about 2 hours from me dropping the car off, to picking it up again.

All in all £70 well spent!

Now for my K&N FIPK to arrive.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by cheggers
Originally Posted by PTR300' timestamp='1369840485' post='22573665
once done, ENJOY !!
Wow, wow and wow!

The sound is just lovely, quiet around town, but when WOT it just kind of grumbles and really is what I'd of expected the car to sound like from the factory.!

Very happy I had the mod done, just wish I'd read this thread sooner!

Cannot recommend http://www.fabexhausts.com/ enough to get this done. They are happy to do the mod and it took about 2 hours from me dropping the car off, to picking it up again.

All in all £70 well spent!

Now for my K&N FIPK to arrive.
Excellent Cheggars

will be interesting to see what you think after the K&N goes in....

Mine seems to be getting slightly deeper in the note now...maybe the carbon, as suggested by RattyS2k, is building up ?
But it brings a smile every time I accelerate and vtec ?.....mmmmmmmmm
Old 06-03-2013, 11:10 AM

I am dying to do this mod to my car now I have the top down. Anyone know a place in or near Milton Keynes that has done this before?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean_2000
I am dying to do this mod to my car now I have the top down. Anyone know a place in or near Milton Keynes that has done this before?
Any half decent exhaust/metal fabricator in your local area should be able to do the mod. All I did was email the one I used with a link to this thread and asked for a quote.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 AM

I'm in Guildford and have had trouble finding somewhere reasonable. I've called and emailed a few places, but I've not found anywhere.

Has anyone in Surrey/Hampshire area had it done for sensible money?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 AM

Try these guys:
http://www.jdmodified.com/

They've done exhaust work for me before, good rates/work.

Might get this mod done there myself so let me know how it goes

If not I've heard TGMsport in Fleet have done this.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 AM

Hay All
which page of this thread is the best picture to show a local garage so i can explain what i want, the one on page one shows inside the box.

Edit: Ignore me i found loads

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod