UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 05-24-2013, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's 6.30am, the sun is already cracking the flags and its a top down run of 70 miles to Daytona Autos for the exhaust mod,

Going to put a 32mm pipe and then its home the LO...........NG way over the back roads, with the top down
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 PM

Pre, have a cracking day, you will love the journey home. Just remember, the exhaust will seem fairly quiet first but let the new pipe coke up over a week or two then you will notice it. Have you a decat?
Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 AM

What a great day, top down, sun all the way and only saw one other S2K (top up !) apart from the boys at Daytona Autos!

Ratty ..No decat, standard exhaust...well okay, not now ! Ray has done a cracking job...had to take the long way home...nearly two hours for a 70 mile journey...ho, hum....

Really is a subtle sound, you can tell immediately on start up that it's different but still quiet, above 4500 it takes on a harder note but it does NOT sound like a drainpipe with holes in it stuck on the end of the exhaust! Got the 32mm ID version done.

Toe and heel down changes through the country lanes of Cheshire were ace and short shift upward changes with a little more throttle than actually required make for a good rasp as well.

Sounds like the sporty car that it should be now without the drone of an after market pipe.

Also, Ray had a play with my ball and found a tit on it...the clutch rod that bears on the actuator arm...sorted now and as smooth as you like, and the clutch action as well!

Need a job doing? go and see the "THE (angry?? !!) man" at Daytona Autos !
Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 PM

Can't believe I have only just discovered this! Anyone know where I could get this done around the Oxford area?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ross_gerry
any idea where i could get this done in plymouth or devon/cornwall?? I'm really keen but just too far away from you guys. The 28mm pipe sounds fantastic!!! Has anyone thought about pushing the boat out and going for a 30mm?
If anyone is interested I've found a chap in Plymouth who's modifying my exhaust on Monday. http://www.fabexhausts.com/

Getting 28mm ID pipework. He said that the welding/materials isn't an issue but getting exhaust off/on might be (which TBH I think he's going to be right as AFAIK it's not been touched since 1999!) so he's quoted £70 which I feel is reasonable.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by cheggers
Originally Posted by ross_gerry' timestamp='1336602737' post='21684305
any idea where i could get this done in plymouth or devon/cornwall?? I'm really keen but just too far away from you guys. The 28mm pipe sounds fantastic!!! Has anyone thought about pushing the boat out and going for a 30mm?
If anyone is interested I've found a chap in Plymouth who's modifying my exhaust on Monday. http://www.fabexhausts.com/

Getting 28mm ID pipework. He said that the welding/materials isn't an issue but getting exhaust off/on might be (which TBH I think he's going to be right as AFAIK it's not been touched since 1999!) so he's quoted £70 which I feel is reasonable.
My exhaust is the original too (ten years) and ALL the bolts came out in one piece, Ray hit it with plenty of lube first and some gentle working backwards and forwards shifted them. Heat was required on the three nuts for rear pipes to centre pipes connection but once again they came away.
The cross "member", four bolts was a little tight but came off no problem too.
£70 is a reasonable price too......
once done, ENJOY !!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan3460
Can't believe I have only just discovered this! Anyone know where I could get this done around the Oxford area?

Thanks
If you find somewhere please post up in this thread. Some of us are really struggling to find somewhere down South who are happy to do this job for sensible money.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 AM

Hey Guys, been reading through this thread and i'm thinking of doing this mod just got a few questions

I have a gutted Airbox with a K&N Filter
Currently have a decat pipe in place

if i was to remove the centre muffler box and do this mod would it be too much ? (i realise its down to personal opinion)

is there any more information on it affecting performance ? or is it still regarded as being negligable?

thanks
Carl.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:37 PM

I recently took part in the tdi dyno day. My S has decat, exhaust mod and cheap eBay intake. It made the same peak as one with a blue flame cat back zorst and k&n Cai. Look at the thread. Mine is WK05.
Imo, exhaust mod makes no noticeable difference to power.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carl2k7
Hey Guys, been reading through this thread and i'm thinking of doing this mod just got a few questions

I have a gutted Airbox with a K&N Filter
Currently have a decat pipe in place

if i was to remove the centre muffler box and do this mod would it be too much ? (i realise its down to personal opinion)

is there any more information on it affecting performance ? or is it still regarded as being negligable?

thanks
Carl.
I have a gutted airbox with K&N filter and no mid box or helm holtz resonator (mid box & helm holtz resonator was done by previous owner) I like my sound, apparently it is noticably louder than just the exhaust mod but people have said they like it! And performance wise, its negligable.

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod