UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by purgeraptor
I'm thinking of having this mod done and I have 28mm and 38mm ID stainless tube available.
The 28mm has a 2mm wall thickness and the 38mm a 1.5mm wall thickness.

I'd like to go large, but is 1.5mm enough to be welded easily?

How thick is the steel on the exhaust box pipes?
The tube Ang recommended to me is 1.5mm thick.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2511147369...84.m1497.l2649
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent!
Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did mine couple weeks ago. 38mm or 1.5" pipping on ap2 exhaust. stock intake/cat/resonator.

car sounds and drives/idle like oem in the lower 3500k rpm. the exhaust note kicks in after 3.5k rpm and all the way to 8k rpm.

i hate drone in exhaust.... driving on freeway at a steady rpm with a constant buzz is pretty annoying to me. this has none of that.

pretty much to sum it up.. this wont make your car sounds like an Italian v12 lol... it wont make your car sound like a fart can ricer. it does give you a bit more deeper note throughout the rpm for a more aggressive sound without being annoying.

worth the $100 bucks? Hell yes!

=]
Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM

does anyone have a video with as accurate as possible 32mm pipe sound? I know videos can't really show what it really sounds, but I'm totally leaning towards the 38mm. I see so many people mention 32mm, I just want to hear it
Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM

my 32mm mod sounds a lot like my old Prelude Type S - loving it
Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
D_L

Any sound clip with decat?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update for info' on 30mm MOD+DECAT

I've been loving my 30mm exhaust mod for quite a few months so decided to get a Decat fitted.

Unfortunately with the test-pipe it's now gone way too noisy/raspy, startup & around the 3k mark.

I have to change up before 3k otherwise it sounds bugle(y) like a boy racer in a Nova (see told you I was old) with a baked bean can exhaust.

Going back to my CAT as soon as poss' so I can play my PRM intake again
IMO the mod+PRM intake was just perfect, I could make it loud on command but still drive stealthily when I wanted to.

Oh well you have to try these things out eh? Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone's thinking of doing similar.

Note: Obviously you may like this type of noise which is cool, I can understand that, it's just not for me anymore!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Earls_f20c

I've been loving my 30mm exhaust mod for quite a few months so decided to get a Decat fitted.

Unfortunately with the test-pipe it's now gone way too noisy/raspy, startup & around the 3k mark.

I have to change up before 3k otherwise it sounds bugle(y) like a boy racer in a Nova (see told you I was old) with a baked bean can exhaust.

IMO the mod+PRM intake was just perfect, I could make it loud on command but still drive stealthily when I wanted to.

Oh well you have to try these things out eh? Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone's thinking of doing similar.

Note: Obviously you may like this type of noise which is cool, I can understand that, it's just not for me anymore!
I did try and warn you lee
Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Earls_f20c

I was thinking of getting an aftermarket manifold with my oem system with the 28mm mod. Did you notice a difference after changing from the oem manifold?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi is the anyone in the Kent area who could do this mod for me I will pay the going rate. I could never do this myself would not know were to start any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod