UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
MSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F3 ANG
Originally Posted by MSC' timestamp='1340138223' post='21794986
[quote name='F3 ANG' timestamp='1340137964' post='21794975']

Now now, Ray told me you were after his mclaren overalls,
Yea so I can burn 'em!! I did say to Ray on Saturday that thank god they aren't MGP ones if hes helping me with my car, I didn't fancy breaking down on the way home haha

PS. Gearbox is much much better, highly rec that oil I used
So you've no excuse not to go the north west meet then (unless you forget AGAIN)
[/quote]

There with bells on !
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by MSC
JB rocks with bells on !
Changed are avatar have we, must have taken a while to find that photo
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM

Hi it's now being two months since we did my exhaust mod with 22mm pipe, it still sounds great with no drone but after hearing some of the other mods i may increase my pipe to 28mm, or am I best leaving it at 22mm hmm I don't know yet .

how is everyone else finding there mod,, to loud, not loud enough, wish they had gone bigger or smaller, any drone or resonance crept in, any feed back would be helpful from all the mods done and the different bore size's for those thinking of getting it done, or even to stop people getting it done, has any one had any good or bad remarks from other people about there exhaust. we don't want to keep doing the mod if people don't like it a week or two later,, now be honest it's for the benefit of others, i know of one who didn't like it,

Many thanks Ang
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 PM
MSC

Originally Posted by MSC' timestamp='1340138629' post='21795012
JB rocks with bells on !
Changed are avatar have we, must have taken a while to find that photo
Not really, I've got many copies of that lap and I took many screenshots to use as wallpapers! I'm gonna try getting out a bit more I think having said that I'm currently watching f1 season reviews, 2000 to 2004
Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM
MSC

Hi it's now being two months since we did my exhaust mod with 22mm pipe, it still sounds great with no drone but after hearing some of the other mods i may increase my pipe to 28mm, or am I best leaving it at 22mm hmm I don't know yet .

how is everyone else finding there mod,, to loud, not loud enough, wish they had gone bigger or smaller, any drone or resonance crept in, any feed back would be helpful from all the mods done and the different bore size's for those thinking of getting it done, or even to stop people getting it done, has any one had any good or bad remarks from other people about there exhaust. we don't want to keep doing the mod if people don't like it a week or two later,, now be honest it's for the benefit of others, i know of one who didn't like it,

Many thanks Ang
Yes I have a comment. Can I try a 40??

That is all.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've found it to be a good compromise. The only time it sounds blowy is in the morining but that's because I'm under a car-port which makes it resonate a little (still doesn't wake the missus though!). I find I don't really need to boot it to get a nice sound though, it happens from 3k onwards.

ps Mine's a manly 30mm id (Grrrrr!)

pps MSC On your avatar how come Michael's using one finger? Surely he should be showing SIX fingers for sixth position!!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick question but has anyone else run this mod with a de-cat?

I went for the 28mm and found it a bit to "Novaery" on part throttle for my liking, on full chat it sounded nice, it also had a nice burble at tickover.

That is all
Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 AM

Received 41 Likes on 15 Posts

30mm and still loving it after 2 weeks.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 AM

Mine has been on about 2 months now also (28mm id). I still love it. No drone, but I would perhaps like a tad more noise though. It sounds nice as a pedestrian listening as the car goes by, but very subtle when driving. I think that is partly because my CAI just drowns everything else out on WOT.

Either way, very happy with the mod and (for me) cost me nothing to have done! Fantastic, couldn't recommend it enough.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 AM
MSC

Originally Posted by Pie_n_Chips
Just a quick question but has anyone else run this mod with a de-cat?

I went for the 28mm and found it a bit to "Novaery" on part throttle for my liking, on full chat it sounded nice, it also had a nice burble at tickover.

That is all
Not yet but as soon as I find a decat for cheap that someone will sell me then I will fit it and test.

I think yours sounded good, I think your ears are 'maturing'

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod