UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 AM
MSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to meet you too buddy! Told you the tunnel would be good, we must go for a run out soon. Also nice to meet Rhauri from southport.

Thanks once again to ray and ang for your help and hospitality as always. Loved the mini meet today, since I didn't make last weeks.............there was a meet??? :-)
Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by MSC
Nice to meet you too buddy! Told you the tunnel would be good, we must go for a run out soon. Also nice to meet Rhauri from southport.

Thanks once again to ray and ang for your help and hospitality as always. Loved the mini meet today, since I didn't make last weeks.............there was a meet??? :-)
Yes there was a meet,,oh sorry you missed it (just in-case we hadn't mentioned it) Ray has decided to let the whole forum know that you forgot ,,,,,,,,the next one's on the 10Th July put in your phone thing'y,, be there or be square

see you in a week or two when you get your oils

,,Ang
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 AM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOtSxtK9peA[/media]
Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really do need to pop round and get this done
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 AM
MSC

Originally Posted by F3 ANG
Originally Posted by MSC' timestamp='1338659096' post='21748994

Yes there was a meet,,oh sorry you missed it (just in-case we hadn't mentioned it) Ray has decided to let the whole forum know that you forgot ,,,,,,,,the next one's on the 10Th July put in your phone thing'y,, be there or be square

see you in a week or two when you get your oils

,,Ang
Ill be back soon enough for more fun and games (and coffee and smokes!). Tell ray to take a video of my car, we can build a video catalogue of all the different pipe sizes and other mods to give people an idea sound wise.

PS. My Schumacher wind breaker sticker is going on today, I will prepare myself for the inevitable mockery I will no doubt receive!! bring it on!!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Hi, got mine back too! To all those that have had this done - it's good, isn't it!

Photos of the weld below:

I think they did a very tidy job, and we went with a 38mm OD stainless steel link pipe and mig welded it in place - 35mm interior diametre (I recommend). It sounds gorgous! The weld was shaped to meet the curve and bend of the exhaust, so that he didn't need to fill the gaps.

Then quickly off with the old one and on with the modified standard - copper greasing on the bolts when refitting the lower cross member below the exhaust - why didn't Honda think to do that??! The chap even gave the car a quick once over whilst on the ramp (approving of my recent upsealing - again, nice one Honda - why didn't you do this at factory!!) and I was off to go the long way home!

Very happy with the result and recommend everyone get this done, and happy with the service and welding.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quick note to say thanks to Ray & Ang for doing my exhaust, I'm absolutely made up with it!

Spent a good amount of time there with Ray, Ang, Jon and Lee - it was a great day out! Had fun looking at Lee's self-crafted gizmo's dotted all around his car, Jon's red badges and of course the awesome F'ANG mobile!

Took some snaps whilst Ray was getting my exhaust off, one of which is of the Service Bonnet Prop which Ray demonstrated on F3 ANG:

My Silverstone up on the ramps with 1x Ray underneath!
[attachment=21373:1.jpg]

[attachment=21374:2.jpg]

[attachment=21375:3.jpg]

[attachment=21376:4.jpg]

[attachment=21377:5.jpg]

[attachment=21378:6.jpg]

[attachment=21380:8.jpg]

And the Service bonnet prop...
[attachment=21379:7.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust mod-1.jpg   Exhaust mod-2.jpg   Exhaust mod-3.jpg   Exhaust mod-4.jpg   Exhaust mod-5.jpg  

Exhaust mod-6.jpg   Exhaust mod-7.jpg   Exhaust mod-8.jpg  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:10 AM
MSC

Great pic of my Schu mobile Rhauri, with the Ray bonnet mod nicely hiding my mug!

Pleased you like the mod, how are you finding it full throttle with your PRM filter? Nice balance or filter drowning it out like with my FIPK?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Half throttle - its a great balance; full throttle - the PRM naturally takes over being the loud beast it is!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 AM
MSC

Originally Posted by rhauri
Half throttle - its a great balance; full throttle - the PRM naturally takes over being the loud beast it is!
Exactly as my FIPK then, its nice to get that noise on half throttle though as opposed to having to cane it to get aural pleasure from the induction!

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod