UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray & Ang

Originally Posted by Montag
A micro meet indeed!
We need this to happen here in the south! We must have a capable forum welder here in the London area, surely ?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 PM

It is a great mod, and I got a chance I hear my car from the roadside (28mm) and it does sound like a proper sports car! I struggled to hear the difference on full throttle because like what's been commented above, I have a CAI which drowns out the exhaust when I'm driving.

Either way, nice to see forum members helping out like Ang and Ray have. A from me.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by simonix
It is a great mod, and I got a chance I hear my car from the roadside (28mm) and it does sound like a proper sports car! I struggled to hear the difference on full throttle because like what's been commented above, I have a CAI which drowns out the exhaust when I'm driving.

Either way, nice to see forum members helping out like Ang and Ray have. A from me.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 PM

I love the sound of this mod!

Nice work for those that took time looking into this

Ray & Ang - where are you based as I'd happily travel to have this done properly.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Montag
Originally Posted by K3Nguru' timestamp='1336855636' post='21692918
This modification makes exhaust sound good. Pie_n_Chips, is there a slight clutch slip when changing gear?
Believe me, it sounds even better in RL. If you're hardcore and want to shed a few kilos, part with £800+ if that suits you. If, however, you simply want to increase the sound quality of this wonderful machine, visit Ray & Ang for 'The Mod'. You'll save many pennies, find that legendary Northern hospitality and receive a few brews thrown in too. The best part is seeing Ray's face when you give it some - he's like a kid in a sweet shop! That kind of enthusiasm is what this forum is all about.
I would love to visit Ray & Ang but I'm located in Finland .: I've got a J's Racing exhaust manifold, Berk HFC and Blueflame exhaust waiting for install. I've also done the airbox modification to my spare OEM airbox. I'll update my project topic soon.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 PM

Hi all,

Those of you that didn't have this mod done by Ray&Ang (sadly i'm not close enough to you to take you up on your kind offer of helping out) how much did you pay to have it done? I'm trying to find someone local in the devon/cornwall area but am struggling so far.

Ross
Old 05-14-2012, 03:07 AM

It takes 1 and a half hours to do, so if you have a friendly independent car garage with a welder, I can't imagine it would be much. I got mine done at work, and it was fairly easy if you can weld and have a cutter/angle grinder.

I got my pipe from a metal fabricator workshop. It was an off cut so didn't cost anything.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:56 PM

I wish i had a welder to do this =(
Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM

Hey guys, not from the UK but I really am loving this mod and how you guys seemed to make it better then the one done on the Z4, the spot that you guys have been welding the piece of pipe seem like it would not disrupt the flow compared to the Z4. I agree with you guys that the stock exhaust has the perfect note, it is just to quite, and this mod seems like its the right fix. I just picked up a OEM catback with 20K miles, so I am going to use that as an original part and modify the one thats on my car. Was planning on going with a 28mm pipe, and a test pipe and modified intake box with spoon filter and spoon snorkle, maybe even throw some ap2 tips on it and polish the canisters, now thats my kind of exhaust something that honda might have done if they didnt have to worry about laws and regulations. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by rhauri
Originally Posted by WinFreak' timestamp='1335786281' post='21654944
I wonder how the sound of this compares to replacing the middle section of a standard exhaust with a straight pipe
Why don't you be the first to try it - and let us know!?

I'd have thought it would be more expensive to do though?
I've just chopped the silencer out of mine at work and it's noticably louder, did the same to my DC2 aswell. Rocker cover is off for a refurb at minute but will post a video up as soon as it's back on

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod