UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

EPS Reset?

Old 05-29-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default EPS Reset?

Can anyone tell me where to find the EPS reset procedure? I've searched and read loads of threads and they all talk about it, but don't actually explain how to do it. Your help will be gratefully received, as ever. Cheers, FB
Old 05-29-2016, 11:24 AM

Received 422 Likes on 386 Posts

Should go of after a drive
Old 05-29-2016, 12:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was under the impression UK cars couldn't do it? Did mine with a snap-on tool.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,239 Likes on 1,083 Posts

I'm sure this is the procedure I used to reset my EPS after it came on when I had all four wheels off the ground and moved the steering back and forth which illuminated the EPS light.

Apparently you need a Honda PGM tester... but there's an easier way
http://www.ozhonda.c...ead.php?t=67113
Follow this guide to short the SCS connector (just get a paperclip) but not straight away! The manual shows how to do it with the Honda PGM tester but this is the method using just a SCS short - basically the same method but to start it, is slightly different.
I take no liability blah blah haha.. taken straight from the manual

1. Align your wheels so they're facing straight.
2. Short the SCS circuit as per the linked guide above.
3. Turn the steering wheel 45 degrees to the left from the straight ahead position, and hold it in that position.
4. Turn the ignition switch ON (III). The EPS indicator comes on, then it goes off after 4 seconds.
5. Within 4 seconds after the EPS indicator goes off, return the steering wheel to the straight ahead driving position and release the steering wheel. The EPS indicator will come on again 4 seconds after releasing the steering wheel.
5. Within 4 seconds after the EPS indicator comes on, turn the steering wheel to the left45 degree position and hold the steering wheel. The EPS indicator will turn off again after 4 seconds.
6. Within 4 seconds after the EPS indicator goes off, return the steering wheel to the straight ahead driving position and release the steering wheel. Do not move the steering wheel before turning the ignition switch OFF.
NOTE: If the steering wheel is moved, the torque sensor neutral position cannot be written to memory.
7. The EPS indicator blinks twice 4 seconds after releasing the steering wheel, then it blinks three times 5 seconds after. Then, the indicator goes off. The torque sensor neutral position is memorized.
NOTE: If the EPS indicator stays on, there was an error in wrting the torque sensor neutral position to memory. Repeat the procedure from the start.
8. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
9. Disconnect the SCS short.
-- Chuck
The following users liked this post:
jeallen (02-24-2020)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noodels
Should go of after a drive
^^^ +1
Old 05-30-2016, 12:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks folks
Old 08-06-2020, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Thanks folks
Worked perfectly, just jump (with solid wire or paper clip on the OBD-2 Port #4 and #9
Old 11-16-2020, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the EPS light doesn't react at all to being shorted does it indicate that there is an actual problem, or that my paperclip has a bad connection?
Old 11-16-2020, 08:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My EPS went haywire upon the MOT brake check, I had that horrible feeling that something had gone seriously tits-up.....yet within seconds it corrected itself, my mechanic mentioned the rolling test can 'confuse' the system briefly.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:35 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by fullleather
My EPS went haywire upon the MOT brake check, I had that horrible feeling that something had gone seriously tits-up.....yet within seconds it corrected itself, my mechanic mentioned the rolling test can 'confuse' the system briefly.
So can starting the car and leaving it without moving the steering wheel for two mins. that's why MOTs can cock it up when they do the emissions test.

Quick Reply: EPS Reset?