UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Elvis is in the building and thanks for poll replies

Old 04-01-2003, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elvis is in the building and thanks for poll replies

I've been following s2ki for a while now and have only posted and polled once (Japanese Imports, it is a wise choice?).
I received lots of good advice from the post and my conclusion was that the import route isn't for me as I would like to keep the S forever (I think the car will attain a status as an Icon of engineering triumph).

I also considered a Euro import but the pound is on the slide and I wanted the maximum warranty period for my new love. If you recall, one of the reason I gave for even considering the Japanese import was justifying
the cost of the car with my upbringing, values etc and it was a big personal struggle. In the end, I told myself in 'ginola-style' that I'm worth it and should get a U.K car.

I arranged another test-drive and took the fiancee (soon to be Mrs honda2k with me), one blast of VTEC and she was sold, she asked why I'd waited so long.

I then asked the garage to match the deal on 'wrong car right car' (but foolishly forgot to include the mats!) which they did. That was 4 weeks ago and last sunday I picked up my car (Silver, GT, red leather).

Since then, I've had two long drives and am now shy of 250 miles which have been most enjoyable. The reaction I get on the roads is unbelievable with people changing lanes to have a look, rubber-necking and one imprezza driver nearly causing a pile-up (imprezza drivers eh, tut-tut).

Surprisingly I've not been disapointed with the 'no VTEC' break in period, the journos and their constant critisism of lack of torque are talking lobbocks, even keeping it below 6000 rpm, the car pulls strongly in high gears
with pick-up not so different from my battered normally aspirated 20V quattro (daily driver if it keeps in one piece, please God let it). Needless to say, I'm mucho happy with my choice of car.
My only slight worry is the missus feeling neglected (what does she expect, I've only known the car 3 days, her almos 7 years) and tea leaves eyeing my beloved.

Thank you to those who contributed to my poll, I'll try to make one of the meets (I'm in Warwickshire) and hopefully meet the other GT owner who lives in my little 'sporting' town (Nurb. blues) and the rest of you until then be sure to flash or honk if you see me.

Finally, here she is...................

[img]D:honda2k.jpg[/img]
Old 04-01-2003, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No piccy?
Old 04-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

congrats honda2k

We can't see your pic as you have it stored locally - its pointing to your hard drive

You need to host the pic on a website or something to be able to display it. If you email it me aquilaeagle@s2ki.com I will put it up for you