UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Elephant.co.uk

Old 01-18-2005, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elephant.co.uk

What a bunch of useless knackers!!! Just phoned up to try and put my AEM V2 induction kit on the insurance. Firstly they wanted to know how much power it would give the car, fair enough, but I didn't know so the guy went away to speak to his supervisor. When he came back he added that if I were to fit my induction kit myself as I had mentioned earlier they would not insure me, I had to get it fitted at a garage. WTF, when did they get the right to tell me what a can and cant do to my own car?!
Q (me):So I said does this mean I cant service my own car?
A(E.CO.uk): No you can service you own car sir, thats not whats in question

So I pointed out that when you service the car you have to change its standard air filter so he had totally contradicted himself. At this point he was completely stumped and didn't know what to say. I requested to speak to a manager but apparently they were all in a meeting

I can feel a change of insurance companies coming on!!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 AM

That's odd because you can add mods to the policy using the website and they don't ask you if it was fitted at a garage.

Just tell them it was fitted by a garage, I'd like to see them prove otherwise. And AEM won't increase power by much, if at all.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Jan 18 2005, 02:59 AM
That's odd because you can add mods to the policy using the website and they don't ask you if it was fitted at a garage.

Just tell them it was fitted by a garage, I'd like to see them prove otherwise. And AEM won't increase power by much, if at all.
I have heard the same thing about the website from a friend but unfortunately that part isn't working today. The guy on the phone started saying these things had to go to the underwriters and it was very unusual that modifications would process on the net, saying that they normally resulted in a screen coming up telling you to call their phone number. IMO the guy I spoke to sounds like he was full of
Old 01-18-2005, 02:08 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neil.H,Jan 18 2005, 10:59 AM
I'd be very wary of taking this approach.

Insurance companies are a right bunch of cnuts. If you did have to cliam they'd probably want to see the relevant paperwork prooving it was fitted by a garage.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 AM

There is a discussion on Pistonheads about Elephant and mods. They will not replace any perf mods or any additional mods in the event of a loss or damage. So they will charge you for them, but willnot pay for them in the event of a loss.

G
Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I intend to stick with them for a year and to use the price to beat down their competitors.

Elephant seem to be a right dodgy bunch of cnuts.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:30 AM

elephants 'add mods' bit has been bust for months......

Maybe a change of policy from them
Old 01-18-2005, 02:36 AM

Elephant's parent company? Admiral.

Have I told you I hate insurance companies?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:37 AM

Tell 'em it reduces power so you would like a reduction in premium.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by me11jh,Jan 18 2005, 11:04 AM
I have heard the same thing about the website from a friend but unfortunately that part isn't working today. The guy on the phone started saying these things had to go to the underwriters and it was very unusual that modifications would process on the net, saying that they normally resulted in a screen coming up telling you to call their phone number. IMO the guy I spoke to sounds like he was full of
That's definately unless they changed it recently, as I've used it to see how much extra they want for various mods. From my own experience with Elepants the people you speak to get all their info from the screen in front of them, and if it isn't there they are lost.

RE: The fitting, surely you could just say it was fitted for free when the car was serviced, and they would have to prove otherwise?

Quick Reply: Elephant.co.uk