UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dyno results looking flat

Old 09-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno results looking flat

Posting this for a mate of myn who is looking for any input on areas to check for lack of power in VTEC.

He is running a Tegiwa Header, decat pipe and a buddy club spec 3 exhaust with a K&N filter. He has not long fitted a new AEM ECU and dropped it off for a fresh map,the car feels like its lacking in power during VTEC, below is the results taken on a dyno dynamics dyno:

The VTEC has been set to kick in at 5K and limiter is set at 9K

Just looking for any opinions on the dyno results and also anything he can check, he had Romain look over the map and it looks in good shape, its just not producing good power or results, seems a little flat.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by burnsey
Posting this for a mate of myn who is looking for any input on areas to check for lack of power in VTEC.

He is running a Tegiwa Header, decat pipe and a buddy club spec 3 exhaust with a K&N filter. He has not long fitted a new AEM ECU and dropped it off for a fresh map,the car feels like its lacking in power during VTEC, below is the results taken on a dyno dynamics dyno:

The VTEC has been set to kick in at 5K and limiter is set at 9K

Just looking for any opinions on the dyno results and also anything he can check, he had Romain look over the map and it looks in good shape, its just not producing good power or results, seems a little flat.
Mine

Doesn't even look like its been tuned!, the fuel ratio is about stock!

180BHP is stock WHP figures.

Might be running on just the first cam.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

180whp makes for about 210bhp at the fly which is about stock figures.

I agree with AJ (which is understandable considering he taught me a lot!), although there is a Vtec dip at 5k so its doing something...?

AJ - could it be an oil pressure problem? I'd laugh if it was just low on oil....