UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Driver training in the North east

Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver training in the North east

I've looked at 1st lotus and Don Palmer and all the venues seem to all be over 200 miles away. I've also checked a few websites incluing Croft and Teesside autodrome but there's no details listed about driver training days.

Are there any driver training courses available in the NE or surrounding areas?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 AM

I think they do some sort of driver training at elvington, york - but never looked into it properly.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:27 AM

What exactly do you want from your driver training. Are you wanting road training or are you wanting to train on a track? If you let me know exactly what your after i may be able to help or put you in touch with someone who can. Thanks Dave
Old 09-28-2007, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by BLACK CAT,Sep 28 2007, 02:27 PM
What exactly do you want from your driver training. Are you wanting road training or are you wanting to train on a track? If you let me know exactly what your after i may be able to help or put you in touch with someone who can. Thanks Dave
Black Cat, hope you and the missus are well

I remember reading about someone who does a mix of both road and track, can't remember who though.

Andy
Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 AM

I tried to get Andy Walsh to come up here a while ago. We had enough people to fill 4 days, but he never bothered returning any emails or calls
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by BLACK CAT,Sep 28 2007, 02:27 PM
I want to explore the limits of the car and improve my driving technique. I'd really like to start to attend a few track days next year so ideally on a track would be better. The Don Palmer and 1st Lotus courses look like an ideal starting point for this and I was looking for something along these lines...
Old 09-28-2007, 06:28 AM

http://www.driverskills.com/

I've not used them myself yet. Keep meaning to give them a go but haven't got around to it.

I also keep meaning to drop Dave a pm. Hope you had a good holiday.

I did a RideDrive day; didn't rate it personally, but the experience varies greatly depending on your instructor, and you're probably far enough away not to get the same guy I had.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bassoctopus,Sep 28 2007, 03:02 PM
I tried to get Andy Walsh to come up here a while ago. We had enough people to fill 4 days, but he never bothered returning any emails or calls
It's a shame because there's obviously a demand for it and there are a number of circuits here which would be appropriate. Did you look at any particular circuits at the time? If we can find a good instructor, hopefully we could try and arrange something similar. Would you still be interested in doing this?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by WRumbled,Sep 28 2007, 03:28 PM
http://www.driverskills.com/

I've not used them myself yet. Keep meaning to give them a go but haven't got around to it.

I also keep meaning to drop Dave a pm. Hope you had a good holiday.

I did a RideDrive day; didn't rate it personally, but the experience varies greatly depending on your instructor, and you're probably far enough away not to get the same guy I had.
Cheers for the link. I've been searching around for a while but that looks a lot more promising than anything i've come across so far...
Old 09-28-2007, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by s2ook,Sep 28 2007, 03:32 PM
Would you still be interested in doing this?
Not this year I'm afraid.

We looked at Corft and a Scottish circuit North of Edinburgh - can't remember where. He's used them both before. As I say the response from him was dissappointing.

Quick Reply: Driver training in the North east