UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Drifting....

Old 03-03-2006, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I booked through the Lotus & Club... think you have to be a member though... and needless to say the places went very quickly... I will try and find out which company are running it and let you know though

I thought it quite cheap... as it is using their cars and their tyres
Old 03-03-2006, 04:39 AM

Old 03-03-2006, 04:49 AM

Old 03-03-2006, 05:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How close is his front tyre to the underside of the top of his wheelarch
Old 03-03-2006, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Paper Lawyer,Mar 3 2006, 03:10 PM
How close is his front tyre to the underside of the top of his wheelarch
When you see the vids of drifter in slow motion you often see a plume of blue smoke from the top of the arch where they are actually rubbing .. .
Old 03-03-2006, 06:03 AM

go get the dvd by the name of "drift bible"... you'll learn all you need to know..
Old 03-03-2006, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bibbs,Mar 3 2006, 05:03 AM
I'd love to get soem tuition to do this ..
Powersliding in the S is easy, but holding it is a different matter.

I've managed to hold slides twice .. both by pure luck. The other times I've usually ended up fishtailing up the road in a state of pure panic.
The S2k is the easiest car I have ever drifted.
The drift can be easily controlled with your right foot and a slight turn on the wheel.
Anyone can drift and control it with v little practice.
I wouldn't advise trying for the first time on a public road, but if you do, make sure you know the road well, it must be fairly wide and be sure you know your limits on entry and exit speed (where applic.).
You don't have to be the stig - I'm only a novice!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Philos,Mar 3 2006, 03:05 PM
The drift can be easily controlled with your right foot and a slight turn on the wheel.
I wouldn't advise trying for the first time on a public road, but if you do, make sure you know the road well, it must be fairly wide and be sure you know your limits on entry and exit speed (where applic.).
Not saying thats not true ( oh yes you are ) but the S2000 is very hard to hold a sustained Drift, we are not talking about a short 'Power Slide' but real sustained long drifts with direction changes.
The AEM S2000 drift car had to have major suspension changes to make it drift, and that was with a Pro driver/drifter at the wheel..

"The team also ran into issues with the weight of the S2, which is really centered because of the engine position and fuel tank, both of which are positioned more toward the passenger cabin. "It's very twitchy," he continues, "especially when you're trying to get it sideways. It won't hang out, or if you want to make a transition from one direction to another, it wants to stop on center." With those concerns addressed, the team made the necessary changes to the suspension in order to "unbalance" the car and, at the same time, alter the Honda design to give Steph the most suitable drift S2000. Afterward, the team needed to prep the F20 motor for a much-needed power boost."

http://superstreetonline.com/feature.../130_0507_aem/
Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Philos,Mar 3 2006, 04:05 PM
It's V easy to powerslide and hold .. well, a LOT better than my old MR2.

But I can't get the car to stay out and keep my direction right, and changing direction is a big problem.

But I'm willing to learn, but public roads are not the best places to pratice
Old 03-03-2006, 07:58 AM

I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift I can drift

Usually off the pub stool onto my arse after a few too many

Quick Reply: Drifting....