UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Does familiarity breed contempt...?

Old 03-19-2006, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Know just how you feel,bought the girlfriends Ka from her two weeks
ago for general use.

Feels like having a bike again in the garage..

Russ.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Turner sees the light, in Born again Stooker Shocker!!!

Old 03-19-2006, 12:43 PM

Who's followin whose footsteps now Turner.

You just need to get an Omega now.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:16 PM

Jeesus H Mark.

More changes than Michael Jacksons nose.

I think Gad's idea is very sensible, one which I might follow soon with a change of job.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:23 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

i just had mine MOT'd. did less than 6k last year. I do use it every day but there are alternatives to get to work (bike, bus, a lift off the missus)..
I'm thinkin to myself hmm... tvr......

but i do hate reliability problems.

all swings and roundabouts I guess, I don't change cars often as it's all money down the drain in my experience but I am slightly tempted. The only problem I have is a very steep drive, the little trims under my bumper currently catch as I drive off my drive.. most trevs look lower than the S

hmmm
Old 03-19-2006, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The S is my only car (4x4 in the next few months) & i use it everyday but i only have a relatively short commute. I can see your point about taking it for granted but for me its great. I have some excellent country driving roads 5 mins from work so a lunchtime VTEC'ing is always a possibility.

To have that oppurtunity always there makes it all worthwhile.

Ed
Old 03-19-2006, 03:40 PM

I have a audi 2.0 tdi for my beater, The mrs drives the Ss all week I love the weekends or anytime I can get in it to drive it, it seems so much more like a drivers car,

When I get in it, Love it, makes weekend even more special. Ok the mrs is racking up the milage.

but the diffance in petrol is
Old 03-20-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what you mean - I keep my S2K in the garage waiting for sunny days and holidays and it feels all the better to drive after sitting in a Civic most days! When I first bought the car I worked a few miles from home and had a pleasant drive through the country to work and a covered parking area at both ends of the trip and that made for a great drive each day. My job changed and I now drive a lot more miles to work and I didn't want to drive the S into the ground and so it stays in the garage mostly now.

As for whether to change it I've thought about this and decided not to. I do like to use it for holidays and I couldn't much luggage into the sort of fun car I might otherwise consider (maybe a Westfield or something?).

"Better the devil you know" in my opinion. If you change your car for a cheaper one how would you know that it didn't have an expensive latent defect waiting to cost you a lot more than a bit of depreciation (maybe run short of oil in the past for example)? I'm guessing your car is still under warranty too. At two years in you've probably already suffered the steepest part of the depreciation curve so why not keep it (I'm guessing you'll only lose
Old 03-20-2006, 12:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have never had to use my car every day ...... so never had any desire to change it for anything else.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:34 AM

I use my car everyday, but it's only a few miles each way.

Had the car for 18 months now and still love it. OK, there IS more accomplished machinary out there but the S's bang (smile and power) per buck is unbeatable. That 9000rpm is a big part of the equation too!

Quick Reply: Does familiarity breed contempt...?