UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Do I Swap My S2000 Under The Approved Warranty Sch

Old 07-19-2004, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Swap My S2000 Under The Approved Warranty Sch

Hi there,
I have a dilema!
I have just discovered a second service book for my S2! Worse off is that they don
Old 07-19-2004, 11:10 AM

if its been serviced at Honda they can tell on the network if its been done and can update the service book accordingly. It could be the book wasn't in the car when they serviced it.

It might me worth kicking up a fuss, start talking about returning it and then get them to add a years warrenty to seal the deal Then every one wins.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Kick up a fuss, see what you get - if you were misrepresented about the cars history you are owed the service you expect
Old 07-19-2004, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by S2 Dee,Jul 19 2004, 07:01 PM
claims that as it is a Honda approved car the mileage and history are verified.

It should have been verified by them, the Honda dealer - dozy gits. They should know all about this, it's their job This sounds to me like they haven't checked out the history and are now going to go away and make up a service history for you.

I would call Honda UK independantly, explain the situation and ask them to give you a run down on when and where this car has been serviced. Tell them that if they can't give you confirmation of the service history (when and where) you will be taking the car back to the dealer and rejecting it under the 30 day exchange scheme. Remember, you can exchange the car for one of equal value without giving them any reason whatsoever.

One more thing to consider, if it's got two service books is it an import?
Old 07-19-2004, 11:41 AM

Yes, the plot is sure to thicken. Don't trust the Dealer, they can spout a load of crap. It is very easy to verify it's history, by calling Honda UK or if the stamps are the same in the book, then that particular dealership.

Make sure its not an import. Nothing wrong with them at all, but they are considered to be worth less, so this must be reflected in your purchase price.

Keep us posted.

G
Old 07-19-2004, 11:51 AM

Thanks for your input. I had not considered the import option, will check that out ASAP. If Honda can't show me a print out of the service history then back she goes!
I thought the dealer rolled over too easily on the price! Now I wonder if he may have had good reason to do a deal! No thats just paranoia

Thanks

Derrick
Old 07-19-2004, 11:58 AM

Go get 'em Derrick!!!

If they aren't too 'helpful' then drop in the line that you'll be 'calling Honda UK directly' regarding the matter!!!

G
Old 07-19-2004, 12:05 PM

If it makes it any easier Derrick, I gave my first one back under the 30 day scheme and got a full refund because my dealer tried it on.

It's not all good though, it took me a year to get into another one

Good luck, give me a shout if you need any help with your dealer.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do both of the service books have dealer stamps?

I have 2 service books. One was provided by the dealer the car was purchased from in Antwerp and a second, in English, provided by Honda UK.

The second one does not have a dealer stamp but it is the one that I have used for all the service stamps.

The only way to be sure if a car is an import is to contact Honda UK directly. The V5 doesn't always show that the car has been imported.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

...and make sure you get yorself along to the next Herts meet in Welwyn Garden City

(see the thread in the meets forum)

Quick Reply: Do I Swap My S2000 Under The Approved Warranty Sch