UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

DMS 450BHP Supercharge built for Greg

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bow1build
NO FLASH PRO its was a AEM v2 for DBW only , to me it wasn t what i wanted all the booost was way up 7k above and it was very flat below that even with 2 different mapps .It would nearly stall when comming to junctions ,idle wasn t smooth could go up then down .I going NA all the way now as to be fair the suspension setup is exellent . I Felt i was allways on edge with the car after hearing so many horror stories on this forum.Running it on VPOWER only around west wales was a problem as the closest one to me as 40 miles away meaning filling up 5 25lt jerry cans as storing it at home .Anyway it off now and all i want to do is get it back on the road asap with some help form you guys .So if you could direct me to some pictures of the engine bay so i can find out where all these vaccume pipes go and see if there are any more parts i need to order to finish getting it back to standard.
I had a similar situation to you, but I run my DBW car with the Flashpro. I didn't have any real issues with running the DBW/Flashpro, my issue was that it was mapped by an Idiot.

Although the car produced power once it was revving it was as flat as a pancake off boost, which would suit some people but it wasn't what I was after, hence the reason I've gone turbo.i got caught out by a Golf diesel, untill it was revving.

Iv gone for the Aem for my setup( I still can't unlock the Flashpro from my car), what I might do is get a base map to start my car on the flashpro!then change to the Aem.Dixon tells me the Cel is on all the time with the Aem because there is no provision fot the wheel speed sensor..... I have to agree that the Cel on all the time will get on my nerves.

Although I haven't started putting the intake side back onto my car yet, I am going to be having the same issues as you regarding finding vacuum and water hoses, I think when I get to that stage I will have to give Pie n chips a knock and have a look over his engine bay.

Best of luck with it and I am sorry things didn't work out for you.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bow1build
Can someone post pictures of airbox andintake i m lost with 1 of the pipes at bottom of airbox
From pictures posted by dixon on page 2. this is yours before the plumbing was removed.

Do you have the metal hardlines assembly? A lot of NA intake upgrades get rid of these and just join up or replace the vac pipes etc. lots of pics on the site of various intakes but the one above shows all the connections to the hardlines that are usually covered up the airbox.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ve looked at that one but the hardline connection that i had back off dixon isn t the one in that picture, also there are 3 pipe connections going into the large pipe (75 ish mm) off the airbox i know the right hand side is going down towards the rad , the top left i think goes to the rocker cover connection , but the bottom left i have no idiea ,also not sure if i have the right parts back off dixon .The hardpipe i have had back is a dirty black one and nothing like the one in that picture.But thanks ninebolts for the help
Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

PM'ed
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Mine's an 07 and had a black one with 4 lines.
largest is a connection between the intake hose and the rocker cover, next largest is a coolant connection between to the intake manifold. The two smaller connections are for the small bore vac hoses and connect the manifold to those little pipes that run down to solenoid on the airbox and the front crossmember. I can't recall where at the momemnt but sounds like you've sorted all the lines.

The 3rd whole you mention on the intake tube is specifc to 06 onward cars and is where the Air Intake Temperature sensor is located. It's just a push fit into the hole.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by steveSC2
Tottaly agree about the turbo comment,but I can imagine it been a bit of a handfull down a back lane?then there's the worry of the diff exploding
Sometimes I wish I had gone turbo,but then that thought disappears when I go out in mine :-p
boost and vtec come in at the same time, your above 4500 when your driving hard there is no difference to stock apart from twice the power without vtec catching you out.All non belevers that have driving the car agree its how the car should have been ,as for the diff ,ive got friends in the states pushing 650whp with no problems.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 AM

Above was from an 06 car, no idea why some were black and other plain metal. but if you zoom in you can see all the pipes and gubbins. I'll have a rummage in the shed because this might still be in there and it's not from mine but would work for you. I may have included it with the airbox from a friends S2000 when I sold his old parts.

Below is mine when it still had the OEM rubber intake pipe. You can see the IAT sensor in the inside of the bend.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Thanks for that , but i m lost with the air intake temp sensor as there s just a hole in the pipe don t know where that sensor is ? I ve got so many bolts and bits missing that didn t come back pissing me off now i ve lost track of how many times i ve had to ask dixon to send bits , first it was the injector loom connectors than the standard map sensor , then i had to order 200 pounds worth of parts from honda that where missing standard woodruff keys , bolts , gasgets ,springs for the cat , and i m still missing parts its been in the garage for 2 weeks trying to get it back to standard, live looked at the manuals for diagrams pipe layouts etc but my head is finished over 1500 pages
Old 07-10-2012, 11:24 AM

plumbing shows how the vac lines are connected.

wiring for the IAT sensor, I think is all part of the same loom as the connector to the second air control solenoid, that the bit marked 2 on the diagram above. Check back along that cable and see what you have.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 AM

Again thanks ninebolts i have that up on the laptop next to the car but can t find the IAT Sensor , there s a tee piece where that should be as if they have bypassed that sensor, i m loosing it , between eveything else i m finding out now as we are putting back the car to standard , loose bolts on the intake , under my passenger side footwell matt the carpet is all burnt with soilder burns it look s like nicely covered over by my matts nice one what else can go wrong with this car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: DMS 450BHP Supercharge built for Greg