UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Displays for AEM EMS

Old 11-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in topic. Chris what tablet have you purchased for this venture?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:21 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Back in topic. Chris what tablet have you purchased for this venture?
A 2nd hand Linx 7 for £35! Plus a Bluetooth keyboard for £15. If it works, it'll be a dirt cheap way of doing it.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rpm limit can be raised easily, on stock engine around 9300 is absolute max later 04+ are little bit better to rev higher due to revisions. However I'd run it richer too in the map, I have a slightly harsher rev limiter as I don't want to let it rev more than this.

Sounds good Chris, but Linux can't run aem tuner unless you run something like wine.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids

Sounds good Chris, but Linux can't run aem tuner unless you run something like wine.
Linx, not Linux. Win 8.1 OS.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1277034/review
Old 11-05-2015, 03:06 AM

Rpm limit can be raised easily, on stock engine around 9300 is absolute max later 04+ are little bit better to rev higher due to revisions. However I'd run it richer too in the map, I have a slightly harsher rev limiter as I don't want to let it rev more than this.

These engine revisions that you refer to I assume to mean: better oil squirter bolts and valve retainers?

I've had the above upgrades done on my engine which is an 01, so would you be able to make that spin to 9300? Furthermore when does the power peak off, does it still produce power after 9k or does it mellow a little? Sorry,I find this really interesting Wouldn't I be correct in saying the RPM limiter as stock is mechanical, what type of rev limitter have you used to prevent over-over revving
Old 11-05-2015, 03:23 AM

Yes as you've said those revisions I'd be happier revving more a later engine.

It's via software in ecu, peak power is before that but your still making power even though it dips off somewhat and sets you up better for the next gear.

Little different for me because I'm turbo and it's still making more power at extended rev limit.

I'd go 9200 tbh.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:36 AM

Yes as you've said those revisions I'd be happier revving more a later engine.

It's via software in ecu, peak power is before that but your still making power even though it dips off somewhat and sets you up better for the next gear.

Little different for me because I'm turbo and it's still making more power at extended rev limit.

I'd go 9200 tbh.
Awesome, thanks.

Would the extra RPM for say a car with the mods in my sig for example be worth it? Or as only a NA setup its not really that worth it. If you normally charge for this advice do feel free to tell me to "do one"
Old 11-05-2015, 03:52 AM

It's not as simple as just upping, pm me.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by chrispayze

A 2nd hand Linx 7 for £35! Plus a Bluetooth keyboard for £15. If it works, it'll be a dirt cheap way of doing it.
Just to complete this thread. The Linx 7 Win 8.1 tablet works fine with AEM Tuner and is small enough to fit on/by the dashboard. It uses a micro USB to full size USB adapter for the cable. I ended up buying a gooseneck mount that bolts to the passenger seat rail, which holds the tablet (when I need it) just above and to the left of the head unit (door will just open and 1st gear is fine without banging knuckles).

I've set it to boot up straight into Desktop mode and load AEM Tuner, auto connecting to the EMS. I've also set the default tab to the Gauges tab in AEM Tuner, so it now starts itself into the right screen with no input from me. It takes a little while, but I won't be needing it often now I'm confident in temps/pressures on the road. I'll use it on track though. The only issue it that you have to wait for AEM Tuner to search for the EMS, then turn ignition off and on for it to recognise it. Again, not a problem for occasional use.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:28 AM

Any pictures?

Quick Reply: Displays for AEM EMS