UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Displays for AEM EMS

Old 10-19-2015, 02:19 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Just out of interest how much would a tuner / aem competent person cost to setup a file with the displays required for the serial gauge?

Just thinking that those of us who have it / are getting one could confirm a set of generic setup readings and then someone could sort it for us.

If it's affordable maybe those of us who are interested could chip in??
Did you get yours working then mike?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Originally Posted by Flipz' timestamp='1445018215' post='23777563
[quote name='s2konroids' timestamp='1445001206' post='23777201']
I did start to develop a screens showing digital guages in a pc app but never finished it. The built in dashboard for aem tuner is ok but you have to go into aem tuner etc and open it up, I planned to do a standalone app.
I didn't

How much effort would it be to finish it? I'd be very interested to take a look/help with testing the app.
I didn't do a great deal, are you a software engineer?
[/quote]

Not a software engineer but have some interest in programming. Would be good to take a look at what you have done and build on it if your not interested in pursuing the project?
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Originally Posted by mikefifth' timestamp='1445165942' post='23778824
Just out of interest how much would a tuner / aem competent person cost to setup a file with the displays required for the serial gauge?

Just thinking that those of us who have it / are getting one could confirm a set of generic setup readings and then someone could sort it for us.

It's all working! Works brilliantly in fact!

There are a few readings I want to display that I haven't a clue how. When you say matt did the file do you mean mattie with the turbo build that helps Glenn with the fabricating?

Thanks for the file thougo it's endless fun flicking between the readings
Old 10-20-2015, 03:34 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth
Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM' timestamp='1445293172' post='23780381
[quote name='mikefifth' timestamp='1445165942' post='23778824']

There are a few readings I want to display that I haven't a clue how. When you say matt did the file do you mean mattie with the turbo build that helps Glenn with the fabricating?

[/quote]

Mike, I need to see this at some point before my car goes off the road
Old 10-20-2015, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by CynicG
Originally Posted by mikefifth' timestamp='1445325274' post='23780661
[quote name='E4RTH WORM JIM' timestamp='1445293172' post='23780381']
[quote name='mikefifth' timestamp='1445165942' post='23778824']

[/quote]

Mike, I need to see this at some point before my car goes off the road
[/quote]

You know where I live mate!

I can do a video if you want?

Seriously drop us a call after work one day and I can meet you somewhere. After 28th is good as payday
Old 10-20-2015, 07:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Flipz
Originally Posted by s2konroids' timestamp='1445201477' post='23779123
[quote name='Flipz' timestamp='1445018215' post='23777563']
[quote name='s2konroids' timestamp='1445001206' post='23777201']
I did start to develop a screens showing digital guages in a pc app but never finished it. The built in dashboard for aem tuner is ok but you have to go into aem tuner etc and open it up, I planned to do a standalone app.
I didn't

How much effort would it be to finish it? I'd be very interested to take a look/help with testing the app.
I didn't do a great deal, are you a software engineer?
[/quote]

Not a software engineer but have some interest in programming. Would be good to take a look at what you have done and build on it if your not interested in pursuing the project?
[/quote]

I ran out of time and didnt do a great deal it will be no use to you, i could really do with help off another software engineer who knows c# or visual basic.net etc.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Do you want these gauges as safety measures? If so, you just want a couple of bright LEDs for thresholds. Set your oil pressure for 20psi and set oil temp for 135ºC

A wideband gauge is a bit of a waste of time. GAUGE, I said, not sensor

Job done
This could be a good idea for the long term, once set up. How do you go about activating the LED? Are there controllers available?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Right, I think that I have a solution. I didn't realise that the AEM EMS had quite such control over the CEL. So I think I'm going to use a cheap windows tablet with AEM Tuner to display gauges whilst I'm getting it all running nicely and then just set some conditions/thresholds for the CEL. Then, if I can get a CEL, I'll pull over and get the tablet out to read the logs to work out what is happening.

Can anyone think of any issues that this might not tackle? It'll certainly look OEM!
Old 11-04-2015, 02:45 AM

Can you keep this thread alive with how you develop this please. Very interested.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You'll need a windows based with USB, and you'll have always open up aem tuner, connect then go to dashes tab.

Quick Reply: Displays for AEM EMS