UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Displays for AEM EMS

Old 10-15-2015, 08:12 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Displays for AEM EMS

I'm in the process of fitting a supercharger to my S2000 and I'm using an AEM EMS (Series 2). I want to keep the car looking as OEM as possible, whilst installing an oil temp sensor and wideband O2 sensor, ideally without a multitude of round gauges on the pillar or dash. I've been researching and it seems that there are few places that have created multi function displays, or single LCD panels to display outputs from the AEM, but most seem very expensive, or are effectively prototypes. I was hoping to find something along the lines of the Torque app on Android, and a cheap bluetooth adapter for the AEM EMS, but it seems they're not available.

Has anyone used/seen/had any other experience with any of the following displays?
  • HR Tuning Tunerview (Seems to do what I want, option of an Android output, but website is crap and I can't figure out which components I need) - http://www.hrtuning.com/

Thoughts, experience, opinions and advice appreciated!

Chris
Old 10-15-2015, 08:05 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

AEM do a single serial gauge which has multi functions.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by MB
Isn't that still a round pod gauge that can only show 1/2 parameters? Or do they do something more swanky that I haven't spotted?
Old 10-15-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a flea-bay special, cheap Chinese tablet (with windows 8) for around 40 quid and use the AEM tuner software directly - I set this up for my mate on his KPro and it works great. Cheap and everything you could want. The gauge screen is pretty flexible in the AEM software and you can show pretty much anything you want in any arrangement.

I'll be setting this up on mine pretty soon and mounting the tablet into the dash towards the passenger side.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Funnily enough I've been looking into the same thing, as I want to monitor oil temps primarily but don't want pods. I like this idea of running the aem software directly, and having a pc/tablet installed would offer other options too, like nice screen art when playing tunes.

Pics of this set up would be great
Old 10-16-2015, 01:04 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Originally Posted by MB
Isn't that still a round pod gauge that can only show 1/2 parameters? Or do they do something more swanky that I haven't spotted?
It can only display 1 thing at a time but it can monitor a lot of channels, plus alarms etc.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIDZxRhKyg
Old 10-16-2015, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Flipz
Get a flea-bay special, cheap Chinese tablet (with windows 8) for around 40 quid and use the AEM tuner software directly - I set this up for my mate on his KPro and it works great. Cheap and everything you could want. The gauge screen is pretty flexible in the AEM software and you can show pretty much anything you want in any arrangement.

I'll be setting this up on mine pretty soon and mounting the tablet into the dash towards the passenger side.
I had thought of that in my previous musings, but completely forgot about that option in this thread. It's probably a little big for a permanent display, but could be good for tuning. It would be nice if I could put a head unit with a large screen that has a video input, then tuck a netbook/laptop out the way somewhere. I wonder if such a thing is available...
Old 10-16-2015, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by MB

It can only display 1 thing at a time but it can monitor a lot of channels, plus alarms etc.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIDZxRhKyg
Ah, I hadn't quite appreciated that. Thanks Mark. Still means fitting a gauge pod, but only one. That has potential as a permanent gauge, and maybe using a cheap windows laptop/tablet for tuning.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you want these gauges as safety measures? If so, you just want a couple of bright LEDs for thresholds. Set your oil pressure for 20psi and set oil temp for 135ºC

A wideband gauge is a bit of a waste of time. GAUGE, I said, not sensor

Job done
Old 10-16-2015, 01:47 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Do you want these gauges as safety measures? If so, you just want a couple of bright LEDs for thresholds. Set your oil pressure for 20psi and set oil temp for 135ºC

A wideband gauge is a bit of a waste of time. GAUGE, I said, not sensor

Job done
Christ yeah.... That's simple and exactly meets my needs. (Sorry Chris for hijacking)

Quick Reply: Displays for AEM EMS