UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Discounted parts delivered to the SuperMeet

Old 04-25-2002, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shipley
[B]Just to confirm Pete's comments, I spoke to Paul and got the clear repeaters, with law abiding bulbs for
Old 04-25-2002, 03:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For eveyones info. As Paul (Partsboy) is knocking this stuff at cost basically, don't be afraid to try the same on with your dealer, my Brilliant dealer has promised me the same deal on pads / filters. (Parts department overheard on the phone saying 'but thats cost, no mark-up!!' )

In addition, he said if we let them charge a 1/2 hour to fit them ~ 27.50 inc VAT he would bleed my brakes of the standard brake fluid and fill with my synthetic DOT5 i'm going to provide, at that time Not a bad deal I think.

This was after picking the car up with 4 brand new alloys fitted with two brand new front S02's free. (I'd bought the tyres last week
Old 04-25-2002, 04:28 AM

did you get the alloys on warranty?

if so... how did you manage that when IanL is having such hassle?

jc
Old 04-25-2002, 04:42 AM

Originally posted by markcu
even mines clean now..even cleaner than Leggy's
It needed to be the state it was in on Sunday - made Keith's look gleaming!!!

Sorry Keith, to be fair yours looked bl**dy good. More than made up for the Southern meet................but I still had the best looking wheels!

LB
Old 04-25-2002, 04:45 AM

Sorry Keith, to be fair yours looked bl**dy good. More than made up for the Southern meet
That's made my day - thanks Lisa!

Keith
Old 04-25-2002, 05:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by joecro
did you get the alloys on warranty?

if so... how did you manage that when IanL is having such hassle?

jc
All four under warranty. Mine were 2 1/2 years old and after washing them I thought they looked excellent for their age! But after seeing a photos of Tif (I couldn't even see any corrosion on them!) I went to the service dept. Parked then rolled back to show the one wheel with about 20mm by 5 mm corrosion on (the rest just really had baked in brake dust ), he took two photos, rang Honda and next day they okayed it!

Not 2002 wheels, but brand new never the less .
Old 04-25-2002, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by UK Paul

All four under warranty. Mine were 2 1/2 years old and after washing them I thought they looked excellent for their age! But after seeing a photos of Tif (I couldn't even see any corrosion on them!) I went to the service dept. Parked then rolled back to show the one wheel with about 20mm by 5 mm corrosion on (the rest just really had baked in brake dust ), he took two photos, rang Honda and next day they okayed it!

Not 2002 wheels, but brand new never the less .
Result, I think i will have some at some point - i have bits of bubbling here and there. nothing tragic but it should be enough
Old 04-25-2002, 06:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have bits of bubbling here and there. nothing tragic but it should be enough
I had non-tragic bits of bubbling here and there too. The dealer said, "Bring it up; let's have a look." I did. They ordered 4 new wheels and they were fitted within a week.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

... how did you manage that when IanL is having such hassle?

I am not really having hassle Joe.............well, OK, I am, loads, but not for the reason you are thinking.

I know that I can go into a Honda Dealership tomorrow and get 4 new wheels. No hassle, easy-peasy! (I have been offered the wheels)

So what is my problem? I hear you ask......................I dont want 4 new wheels which will again dissolve on contact with water. I want a properly finished set of alloys, befiting a car Honda charges
Old 04-25-2002, 07:17 AM

Hi Ian,

...now i understand. I guess we all have you to thank... hopefully. I love this group! It really feels like being part of a big team.

roll on supermeet, i have to put faces to names.

jc

Quick Reply: Discounted parts delivered to the SuperMeet