UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Disappointed with - Crown Bushey

Old 05-05-2004, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed with - Crown Bushey

After all the good reports I have heard on this site about Crown Honda Bushey, I find that I am very disappointed in the level of service with which I have been provided since buying my S2k.

This might be because I bought my car from Dave Long in Birmingham cos Crown would not do a deal - they were given every opportunity to do so.

In the first few months of ownership I had an issue with the roof, which Crown were asked to resolve - I asked them to do so at the Watford branch, they told me that they don't organise repairs from that site - I find later they can and do - not impressed.

I went then to Bushey - again informed them of the issue and they seemed uninterested, so I phoned Honda in Slough and advised them that I felt I was not being looked after as a Honda customer.

I am very Sorry to report that I find Crown neither helpful or interested in solving any of my s2k issues, and as for the Watford branch - they don't sell or do anything except cars, and they could not even do that for me.

When I was buying my s I told them I could buy for 24.6k - uk car, they told me it would be a PRE 2002 etc in order to put me off, they also told me that if there were any issues with the PDI the car would have to be returned to the originating dealer.

Then I needed some paint cos someone's scratched the 'S' again went in on a Sat after 12 pm, it took them 10 minutes for someone to even see what I needed, when they did they told me there part dept close at 12, yet no sign to say so - not impressed!

My car will go to Hemel for all of it's work - I was treated professionally from the moment i walked in, asked about a service, could not have helped more they said unfortunately they could not supply me an s as a coutesy car, which I did not expect anyway, but could as long as I gave them 10 days notice.

Anyone else have this sort of attitude with them ??

Col
Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 PM

I'm afraid some dealers are just plain W**kers!!!!!!!!!!

If you can find a good dealer stick with them and hopefully we will all boycott the bad ones!

There is a dealer satisfaction survey on this site somewhere which you could fill in!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Very strange to hear of this from Crown Col

Do you know who in particular you dealt with? I know there is one guy on the service desk who always seems a bit off with me - i think it is his general demeanour

I always deal with Gary Hedge who works with George - who I have found excellent, both of them. Or with Martin the Service Manager.

I've never heard of their Watford branch doing anything but selling cars, they have no facilities on site there at all

I think there is an overriding issue in terms of all car dealerships - they dont seem to take a "We are Honda" approach as they are all separate businesses

Now as for Braylake in Hemel

Ah well, we all have different experiences i guess
Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 PM

If the thread did not have a title then i would have been sure you were talking about hemel honda there.

They are attrosious and have heard some real horror stories.

I agree with AE about finding out who you have been dealing with.

Always ask for Gary or the service manager Martin as they have time for you and are well aware of how we feel about the S and how we want it treated etc.

When next there it may be worth asking for the dealer principal and having a chat as this is one of the better dealers and mention the site and the comments made.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I think a chat with Gary or Martin would suffice TBH - although I have chatted to Lee once when i was there (one of the MD's) quickly and he seemed very interested in the S and a nice guy
Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 AM

Col - I'm really surprised to hear you had problems with Bushey. I must admit on my quest for a decent, fair dealer who seemed to respect my car - Bushey has been the best (in my personal experience).

I can totally understand that you don't now respect them, but if you do change your mind at all and go back - as others have said, ask for Lee or Gary in the service department. Tell them about your experiences so far with them and that you are far from satisfied. Lee (service Lee, not manager Lee!) actually used to work at Hemel. At the time when I had numerous stuff done to my old S, inc a replacement engine - Lee was one of the only people worth dealing with. The rest of them seemed to be on an evolutionary par with the PG Tip monkeys. Gary has always been really helpful and goes out of his way to ensure customer satisfaction.

If they still mess you about, remind them I'm only 5 mins up the road and I can be round like a flash to sort 'em out!

Seriously though, if you take your car elsewhere - please reconsider Hemel. They appear helpful etc, but the times I used them they were a bunch of numpties. Lee actually left Hemel to work in Bushey as he was so unhappy with how they worked. They made numerous cock ups with my car, but the last and final straw was leaving a tool in my engine bay after a service.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:14 AM

I used Crown Bushy last year - Martin, the service mgr was excellent. From my own experience, there are only two people worth talking to in there 1- Martin - service mgr - book the car in with him 2 - George - great mechanic - treats the car with great care.

That reminds me - need to book the car in for a service.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:29 AM

Well... the 'umble clerk has updated the dealer survey. Need some more good ratings to put them back up again!

DSS
Old 05-06-2004, 05:16 AM

Solution is simple. Tell them that you don't tollerate , take your business elsewhere (enter DSS) and write to Honda Customer Services UK, copying the Dealership.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Xd

Crown have recently changed ownership, I phoned them yesyerday to have them check out my rear bumper after getting shunted, they quated me

Quick Reply: Disappointed with - Crown Bushey