UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

digital oil pressure guages?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default digital oil pressure guages?

whats the easiest way to add a digital oil pressure guage to the f20c? am wanting to add one so am not just relying on the warning light! cheers
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a T where the factory oil sending unit is on the front of the block near the oil filter.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll need:

Oil Filter Sandwich Plate (Toser sell them for a decent price)
Oil Pressure Gauge
A Bracket

coolchrisuk recently fitted a combined digital oil pressure/temp gauge to his S, along with a separate analog water temperature gauge. He's not about 'til Sunday, but will be able to tell you where/what he bought if you send him a PM.

FWIW, it's not a difficult install, just a couple of power/illumination wires to connect up along with the gauge to the sensor itself. He did purchase an A pillar gauge pod to fit them inot, and it looks fantastic

I'd avoid a 'T' IIWU, that's why sandwich plates are available, and allows for easy connection of sensors.

HTH
Old 05-20-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by loftust
coolchrisuk recently fitted a combined digital oil pressure/temp gauge to his S, along with a separate analog water temperature gauge. He's not about 'til Sunday, but will be able to tell you where/what he bought if you send him a PM.
Correction - SPA duel Digital Water / Oil Temp gauge and a DIGITAL.. MATTHEW!.... STri Oil Pressure gauge - Has a needle yes but powered by a DIGITAL stepper motor, fed by a DIGITAL sender/sensor - we had this discussion already ....

Anyway, I got it from the states and by the time I paid import tax etc it worked out about £20 cheaper. I would just get one from the UK - Hond-R sell them I believe. Just give them a call. Slightly cheaper alternative to defi without the need for a separate controller (has a warning light you can set) - http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co....m_Oil_Pressure

Great bit of kit, quality feel to it and comes with everything you need (just need some crimps/solder/fuse holder etc) - Just need to wire into Ignition Live/Constant Live/Lights/Ground.

I ran the sensor wire through the bulkhead behind the Master cylinder.

Used this guide to make an auxiliary fuse box (used one 6-slot fuse holder) - (Thanks Stu) http://www.projectauto.co.uk/Project...use%20Box.html -
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM

i have a race technology dash 2 display wich can monitor oil press/temp, coolant temp/press throttle pos, suspension travel,fuel level/pressure etc from my da s60 pro ecu via can. i just need to intall the sensors etc. i have already moved oil filter with a take off plate, set of braided oil lines from hel and a remote filter housing. just need a digital feed from sensors to ecu so i can send them via can to my dash display
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 PM

Lol well if you have all that fitted what exactly are you asking!? You just need a pressure transducer no? As far as my car 'wiggly's' knowledge goes I'm afraid!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

SPA is exactly what i had in mind!!!!

coolchrisuk, i saw that SPA suppose to have warning light too - does it really work?
what's their depth?
i thought to cut them into the radio door....

i personally would go with two SPAs.
so oil pressure, oil temp, water temp and........ what the 4th parameter worth to get?

actually on a second thought - water temp is pretty useless as long as we have oil temp with a working warning light.
so maybe just one gauge with oil temp/oil pressure is enough?
Old 05-21-2011, 12:43 AM

Spa are too deep for the radio door unless you modify the back of the gauge, I had to fit a 15 mm spacer and cut the plug shroud of the back of the gauge and solder all the wires to the pins rather than use the plug, it's a messy job
I think only defi will fit
Old 05-21-2011, 03:02 AM

i would probably fit 1 gauge into a-pillar pod.
how good warning light is?
does it allow connection to external buzzer or something?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 AM

i actually don't understand how warning and backlight are operated as i don't see any button on the gauge

Quick Reply: digital oil pressure guages?