UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

didn't even leave a note!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 PM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Bastards! post over.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
DCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go have a chat, maybe mention you haven't seen their car in a while... then tell them they're a bunch of lying twunts.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Spies
When I see threads like this it makes a dashcam purchase all the more sensible.

Any more info on these? I bought my S in December and was keyed twice in three weeks! One 'lighter' scratch down the rear quarter, which upon further inspection stretches from the drivers door! And the other is a LOT deeper over the passenger wheel arch (1-2 ft long). Unfortunately It's parked on the street, and I hate it! Wish I had a garage! If I caught the person in the act I think rage would probably kick in, as well as their head!

I park in on a quieter street now and have had no further problems in the last few months, which has led me getting them sorted, so dropped it off at the body shop this morning!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JameS2K
Originally Posted by Spies' timestamp='1337546390' post='21714592

Any more info on these? I bought my S in December and was keyed twice in three weeks! One 'lighter' scratch down the rear quarter, which upon further inspection stretches from the drivers door! And the other is a LOT deeper over the passenger wheel arch (1-2 ft long). Unfortunately It's parked on the street, and I hate it! Wish I had a garage! If I caught the person in the act I think rage would probably kick in, as well as their head!

I park in on a quieter street now and have had no further problems in the last few months, which has led me getting them sorted, so dropped it off at the body shop this morning!
I'm still torn between two, either the BlackVue DR400G-HD which is very popular and has really good software/support but does suffer from overheating for some people, it the iTronics i-Pass ITB-100HD.

Both available for about £120 as a grey import...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Spies
Originally Posted by JameS2K' timestamp='1337682740' post='21719205
[quote name='Spies' timestamp='1337546390' post='21714592']

I'm still torn between two, either the BlackVue DR400G-HD which is very popular and has really good software/support but does suffer from overheating for some people, it the iTronics i-Pass ITB-100HD.

Both available for about £120 as a grey import...
[/quote]

Had a look at a few, and the ones you listed seem great! I'm looking for a cctv type, to keep an eye during the night. Are there any that can do this? Capable of capturing a nights worth of footage?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Either will happily do that and they only draw about 200mA, I think the Blackvue is the one to go for as its smaller and the software is more mature.

Blackvue comes with a 16gb micro SD card and the review is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e49KuBR5r74
Old 05-23-2012, 04:42 AM

Thanks for that Spies, some good info there!

Maybe we should stop hijacking Mike_s2000's thread? Even though it is relevant! If you want to continue this feel free to message me and vice versa if that's okay?

Thanks again!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by JameS2K
Thanks for that Spies, some good info there!

Maybe we should stop hijacking Mike_s2000's thread? Even though it is relevant! If you want to continue this feel free to message me and vice versa if that's okay?

Thanks again!
Yep no probs, I also created a thread here a few days ago.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 AM
DCC

Sooooo? have you confronted/caught out those bastards?

I'm only so interested because this has happened to me but there were no obvious culprits and even after getting the council to review CCTV i was left with a inconclusive answer! So as long as someone with an S2k gets to nail someone else, i will be vicariously vindicated!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:23 PM

well today i noticed a sh*te red old astra on the driveway of a neighbour right at the end of the cul d sac.. will have a proper walk around on sat/sun when i havent got to work... hijack the thread as much as you like guys....

Quick Reply: didn't even leave a note!