UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Deep Burgundy pics

Old 02-12-2007, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deep Burgundy pics

I am in "car shopping mode" at present and I love it!

On my investigations, I walked past this without a second glimpse. The Deep Burgundy is so dark (especially in cloudy/wet conditions), you'd swear it was Berlina.

After a little spin in it, I attempted a better shot at the colour.

It's so subtle, I don't really know why Honda bothered. Maybe it's better in sunlight. I guess it's one of those colours which, if you owned one, you never really totally like or dislike. I can best describe it as "vintage port" in colour, but I don't want to start sounding like Chesh, so I will leave it there. Nice car though. It's on my list of possibles.

Okay, so whilst I was talking to the folk at this dealership (whom I have never met before), they brought me a bunch of keys over. Much to the disgust of the other 20 or so customers in the building, he said, "You're that guy from Arran, right? Fancy a shot in that?". It must be one of the last few NSX's in the country.

Of course, I didn't hesitate. It's so much more refined than the '96 I drove last year. A bit quieter too, I guess, but then I had a targa top drive last year. I got it up to 120 on a slip road before congested traffic forced me to back off. After just being in the S2000 on the same bit of road, it was an interesting comparison. The NSX is just way too quick! The young girl sitting next to me (a Honda rep who'd never been in the car) was just a little bit startled at the acceleration. The trade plate she'd put on the dashboard nearly took her head off when I put my foot down!

It's too expensive, before you ask if I'm interested. I told them to run off and find me an earlier model in red. "You won't find one," I said. They did, too. The buggers!

It's more likely that I'll have the S at present. What colour, I don't know.

There are more cars on my list too. Oh, decisions....
Old 02-12-2007, 12:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadkill,Feb 12 2007, 09:50 AM
I am in "car shopping mode" at present and I love it!

On my investigations, I walked past this without a second glimpse. The Deep Burgundy is so dark (especially in cloudy/wet conditions), you'd swear it was Berlina.

Not yet seen one in this colour.

That blue one behind the NSX looks more like your sort of colour
Old 02-12-2007, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by StevenM,Feb 12 2007, 09:54 AM
That blue one behind the NSX looks more like your sort of colour
See the last three digits on the Nurby plate Steven? They're for you!

Old 02-12-2007, 01:20 AM

That Burgundy used to be available on the Civic VTi 3dr saloon/hatchback thing. Was called Midnight Black as I recall. It is a nice pearl but as you say, with "normal" black in the range, it seems a tad pointless.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:22 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Has that run-out silverstone NSX got burgundy leather?

Bit rare!

You get used to the NSX's perfomance potential very quickly! Plus it's less boring than a Porsche at half-sane speeds.

The S is slightly safer on the licence.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Feb 12 2007, 10:22 AM
Has that run-out silverstone NSX got burgundy leather?
The leather is red. VERY red, not burgundy. It was extremely well stitched too. Yours for
Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 AM

I think the burgundy colour shows in the sunlight, someone else posted pics of theirs in the sunshine and it was noticable, if subtle like you say.

That NSX is niiice - I'm guessing the wrong side of
Old 02-12-2007, 01:35 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE=Roadkill,Feb 12 2007, 10:27 AM] The leather is red. VERY red, not burgundy. It was extremely well stitched too. Yours for
Old 02-12-2007, 02:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadkill,Feb 12 2007, 01:50 AM
I got it up to 120 on a slip road before congested traffic forced me to back off. After just being in the S2000 on the same bit of road, it was an interesting comparison. The NSX is just way too quick!
Glad to hear that you are getting out and looking at some motors Graham

I was surprised (shocked ) at how much quicker the NSX is than the S2000. Of course I expected it to be faster, but the bare numbers really dont suggest that it will be that much quicker.......but it is
Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Any reason why a sports car by the same maker being a tad more expensive shouldn't be a tad more faster too ?

Quick Reply: Deep Burgundy pics