UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 01-02-2004, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rwilkins
Well I'm on the subject of buying an 04. Has anybody actually got any of the high street dealers to give any decent discounts of the OTR price?
I think a main dealer should be able to get to very low 26k for a GT . Without putting the squeeze on them i was offered a car of my choice, to order for 26,500 .
Old 01-02-2004, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Busamav is right - low
Old 01-05-2004, 09:24 AM

Guys, this dealer survey is great for owners to look at and use.
I wondered though if it's an idea to perhaps actually give it or send it to Honda UK, to give them some feedback.
Some stories (like the recent hardtop one) are amazing and the attitude of the dealers is at times I feel unforgiveable.

Is this possible or in hand already?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:32 AM

Mike is doing a great job on this, and it is a lot more work than you would think.

The only downside is that there are no dealers that have been rated within 80 miles of me (apart from my slating of Springfield's sales department). There are enough North-East/North-West owners out there, so let's get some scores for these areas please.

I don't know if Honda UK would be interested in this.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by neil_s2k
I don't know if Honda UK would be interested in this.
I will try this - BUT - only when I feel that I have a statistically valid sample - which is certainly NOT the case at the moment.
With 70+ inputs from 283 'members' v. 3.5 -4.5k S2000's in the UK what wd you think?
Old 01-06-2004, 03:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikerich
Old 01-20-2004, 11:30 AM

Just had my second annual service completed. The first one was carried out at Balmer Lawn Dealership in Brokenhurst Hants where i originally bought the car and yesterday the second was done at Alan Day's in Southampton. I have PM'd mike for the survey, but for the record

1) Balmer Lawn service carried out the day before Supermeet 2, even so thought i'd check the oil before the drive up. It did not even make the lower mark on the dip stick. Their excuse was the car is new and its difficult to see the oil stain !!. This waranted a 30 mile round trip be me to get corrected before i could head off north but no sign of an appology forthcoming from them. At this service they also did the recall upgrade to the lubrication bolt but still insisted i pay for the oilchange stating if the recall had been done out of service time they would have put the old oil back in as directed by Honda. This was the third new car i had bought from them. Hence the reason for heading to another dealer for this years service.

2) Alan day very friendly and helpfull interested in the history of the car and how it had performed. Service completed on time and to top it all THEY FOUND FIVE PACKING PIECES STILL IN POSITION IN THE FRONT NEARSIDE SUSPENSION. This after Balmer lawn had carried out the PDI and the first annual service. Honda Uk contacted today and I,m still waiting for them to get back to me with technical recomendations on checks etc on suspention alignment ,tracking and anything else i can think might have been compromised by the "Balmer Lawn Bothchers."
Old 01-20-2004, 01:11 PM

Dealer Name. Graeme Chatham Honda, Abbeyhill, Edinburgh

Workmanship 7
Knowledge of the car 6
Customer Service 6
Sales 9

Comments.

Mixed feelings with Chathams really - they are the biggest seller of S2000s in Scotland (c 2-6 a mth). Mine has been back at the dealer far too often IMHO. Issues have been resolved to my satisfaction, but only after directly approaching the dealer principal, Campbell Chatham (races bikes - knows how to thrash an S properly), which shouldn't be necessary.

For instance :

On getting the car - radio reception appalling (aerial connector loose), driver's mat fitted halfway up the side wall of the footwell, unaware that GT came with stand for HT.

Engine management light on necessitated ong recovery on flatbed to dealer - dents appeared on wing and chips on spoiler after dealer had sorted engine management problem - all sorted FOC, but it was me that spotted them.

Engine light has come on 3 times now, involving dealer replacing corroded wiring harness - I still don't understand how this can have happened so ften when it is a (recognised) fault only rarely mentioned on the board - so still somewhat doubtful of dealer's ability to fix it, although most recently they have modified it.

Usually have to deal with service manager on reception (Stephen Glover) who I don't get on with - seems to sound like he knows what he is talking about, when I am not sure he does (re the S2000), rarely phoned me to let me know car was ready. Hopefully now sorted after Campbell "had a word".

Old 01-22-2004, 12:37 PM

An apology - somewhere in the clip and paste I have cocked up the HTML - not in an obvious way
Will re-do - but not till the weekend - bear with me :shameashesalloveretcetc:
Old 01-23-2004, 03:32 AM
GSi

Quick update for a quick job

Avondale Honda, Coventry

Just had my HKS fitted at my dealer, took them just under 1 hour. It was in 4 bits when I arrived and I supplied the non-honda gaskets (~

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT