UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 11-29-2003, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that others have posted details about Bristol Honda but just wanted to add my 2 pence worth. The service was great. They looked after the car as usual. The service staff were very professional, very helpful. Ian the sevice manager was helpful with Honda Uk.

Even called them the next day to thank him and his team. My thinking that if people have a problem then they call to complain etc,etc, why not call to thank them for some good service.
So customer service 10, knowledge 10
Old 11-30-2003, 04:43 AM

DSS updated - I hope you all find some version of yr input there -

If not throw something at me!

Keep it coming!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:01 AM

[Already PM'd to mikerich)

Dealer Name. Hendy Lennox, Exeter
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 10
Sales 3
Comments:

My initial contact with this dealership was when I was looking to buy my first S2k but the salesman and and his manager weren't prepared to compromise anything on the price ...so I walked out in disgust and bought my car elsewhere!

They alway provide a lift to and from the dealer and also offer a courtesy car BUT make it difficult by stating that you have to sort your own insurance out for it.

Absolutely brilliant at sorting recalls or any TSB issues, although they weren't always aware initially of some of the TSB's issued for this car. Having said that, they were always receptive and allowed me to confer with the technician on things they didn't already know about.

Don't have much in the way of aftercare products, but that may just be a Honda thing ...ie. Cleaners, Waxes, Protectants etc. to keep your baby looking tip top.

Always flexible, polite, courteous, efficient, clean and do exactly what they say!

For service they are definitely one of the best dealers I've experienced (apart from one of the salesman and the Sales Manager)
Old 12-03-2003, 12:53 PM
GSi

Another one for Avondale

Dealer Name: Avondale Honda, Coventry
Workmanship: 9
Knowledge of the car: 7
Customer Service: 10
Sales: N/A
Comments:

Just had my 27k service done and at the same time some work to resolve my continuing coolant/oil mixing prob.... this time they replaced the block!

So my car went in on Wednesday and was ready Tuesday morning, would have been Monday night but for some final road testing and a very good clean.

I asked them to grease my seals around the window and told them about Shin Etsu grease, they thought they knew better so spent a while searching around and finally managed to find some other kind of Silicon grease.. I'll remember to take the Honda PN next time.

Service was completed without any probs - would have been
Old 12-05-2003, 11:30 AM
ADP

Marshall Honda Southampton:

Took my euro import to register it for warranty etc etc.........Was expecting some retisance, but they were dead helpfull and sorted out all the paperwork there and then. Will be going back for a service in 11 months
Old 12-06-2003, 05:42 AM

Dealer Name. CHiswick Honda
Workmanship -10 bunch of monkies
Knowledge of the car 2
Customer Service 6
Sales 0
Old 12-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Xd

Dealer Name: Crown Honda, Bushey
Knowledge of the car: 10
Customer Service: 5
Sales: 6

Had some issues with the Courtesy car, seems although I booked one it was not in the book therefore there was NO SPARE CAR, as the lady at reception insisted. After five minutes of negotiating I persisted with a smile and asked her what she suggested, her response was pretty much shanks pony After continuing to smile and saying this was not a good start the service manager was brought in. He then stated that there was a spare car and that it wasn't a problem. Whilst he was away sorting the car I was then asked for my driving license by the lovely lady at reception I replied that I was not requested to bring this along and therefore hadn't..... After her rant's about insurance and auditor's, shanks came up again. Mr service manager (first name Lee) pulled in again and said this was probably because they had recently change insurance companies, they will assume I have a clean license, just bring it in tomorrow when I collect my car so they can take down the details.

Workmanship was excellent, I even got some detailed blurb about the tyre wear and what damage there was on the car (caused by shopping trolleys).

If you get a very big lady at the service desk on a Friday night who has trouble smiling, don't make eye contact, find someone else very quickly and pretend you didn't see her. She is by no means helpful and is frequently undermined.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:41 AM

Dealer Name. Johnsons, Kidlington (nr Oxford)
Knowledge of the car: 8
Customer Service: 10
Sales: 9
Comments:

Absolutely top class customer service from these guys. Bought the car from them on 1 Nov and throughout the sale and handover they were excellent.

Have since been back to have the clutch replaced (with 055) and they have been really helpful with that too. Car was ready on time and immaculate when I picked it up.

Good sales, good aftersales, good service department, good customer service - you can't ask for more.

They are not my local Honda dealer but I will be using them for all servicing etc. in the future.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:56 AM

Dealer Name. Alan Day Honda Winchester (was Derek Warwick)
Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 10
Sales 10
Comments about good or bad service.

I've been very pleased with this dealership for 3.5 years. They found the car for me when there were none available and have done a number of recall and warranty actions, including a second attempt at fixing the roll cage cover last week (one month shy of 4 years old). The service reception manager, Dave, is the sort of guy who gets to know you and is very obliging. They got the corroding wheels replaced when there was only one month's warranty left, they also put two new front tyres on last week (27000 service) at around the Micheldever Tyres price, and without damaging the wheels!

Rodney, in sales, gave me some good advice on offer price as I am thinking of selling the S.

Overall, a good bunch of guys who like their products
Old 01-02-2004, 09:04 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this but here goes...

After seeing that the Brockenhurst Honda dealer had an 04 display model we rang them to see if they had any sales glossies. They said they didn't. We rang the Alan Day Honda showroom in the centre of Southampton. They told us they had an 04 brochure but no 04 cars.

We went to get a brochure and found that they didn't have any but they did have an 04 in the showroom. We talked to the young sales person - who didn't know anything about the car (you'd think that Honda don't train their sales people). We asked for a test drive and were told that we could try the 03 model but not the 04. Ah we said - we'd tried the 03 already and wanted to try the 04. Off the sales person toddles. Comes back and says that we can take the 04 out for a test drive today (2nd January) so we arrange a test drive.

Today arrived and we get a phone call saying that the test drive will be a bit later than expected as the S2000 is being bought back from the Portsmouth Alan Day Honda dealer. My wife checked whilst on the phone that it was the 04 as promised. The sales person says - no it's the 03. She explains that it was specifically the 04 we asked to drive (we were sitting 3 feet away from it when we arranged the test drive).

They then said that there was no differences that we would really notice so we may as well try the 03. My wife pointed out that there were changes in the door panels that gave more elbow room (amongst other things).

We also went in to see the same dealer back in the summer. They didn't want to talk to us at all. We got the impression that they were far more interested in just standing around talking to each other than actually trying to sell any of their cars.

To cut a long story short we won't be going back there to buy one...

In contrast the sales person at the Brockenhurst dealer that we also spoke to seemed very knowledgeable and told us that we could test drive their 04 towards the end of January when their current 03 demo car is replaced by the 04 in their showroom.

Well I'm on the subject of buying an 04. Has anybody actually got any of the high street dealers to give any decent discounts of the OTR price?

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT