UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 10-24-2003, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by arsie
I'll now post on Holden Honda. Their performance in my direction has been superb but they are not perfect - sold a used MY99 to a friend which now (out of warrantee) needs a fresh gearbox. But their meeting half the cost of the box is fair.

EDIT:
Dealer Name. Holden Honda, Norwich
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 8
Sales can't comment
I do, indirectly, have some experience of Holden, Norwich. My car is a company car and the leasing co is based in Norwich and sources cars from there. I had to wait five months for my S, because one of HH's salesmen ordered it, but was then told he was over the quota for the month, and then forgot to re-place the order. When, 2 months later, we started asking where the car was he started saying it was on the boat, it had just arrived, it was getting its PDI etc. until finally he was find out.

Thankfully, after that, they were very good. He was fired. They offered me an S taht was not quite what I had wanted within three weeks(chose not to have it) and then turned the new order around within 6 weeks, delivering just before Christmas, which was a v nice pressie.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:16 AM

Just had my 18,000 mile service with Lookers Honda in Nottingham.

Workmanship : 7
Some minor scratches found their way onto the air box again which I'll spend the next few weeks trying to remove. Showed these to the service manager who couldn't see how they might have been caused. hmmm.

A couple of dusty marks on the door sill protector where boots were dragged across the trim, generally an improvement on last time though when it looked like about 6 pairs of size 11 boots were dragged across the protector. I didn't mention it prior to dropping the car off as I didn't want to get people's backs up if they were going to be working on my car with heavy objects, but I might do next time. Yes, I know thats what its there for, but I like to keep my car in good condition as it will form the bulk of the cash that goes towards my next S2000. Keeping it free of kerbed alloys and scuffed trim gives me the option of having an easier sale if I decide to sell privately i.e. its apparent that the car has been cared for and not just treated as transport.

Even though I'd filled my windscreen wash container right up to the top that very morning, I was charged for a
Old 10-28-2003, 02:30 AM

Dealer Name: Osbournes, Writtle in Essex
Workmanship: 7
Knowledge of the: car 8
Customer Service: 7
Sales: not sure

Comments:

Took the S in for a check, clicking at rear when accelerating, slowing and general town driving. They arranged for the S expert to take a ride in the car. He spotted the problem even before we left the fore court! Very good, said it was not a problem and should wait for next service.

Went in for 45,000 service - few problems, got the clicking fixed under the warranty. Problems with selecting first, second and third (not major just notchy), missing cell on fuel gauge. They fixed just the clicking at rear, said to wait until the gear problem gets worse so they can establish what it is. Said it would be under warranty to correct and for the fuel cell, to arrange a separate date because I didn
Old 10-28-2003, 02:54 PM

getting input
keep it up
Old 11-17-2003, 03:50 AM

Dealer Name. Guy Salmon, Thames Ditton/ Kingston for Service
Workmanship 8
Knowledge of the car 8
Customer Service 8
Sales N/A
Comments about good or bad service.
Service was good, no complaints. If you ask in advance and get past their initial offer to drop you at the station then you can get a courtesy car for free (and so you should with a premium car like this). They use Mobile1 by default for the S. Bring your own its a lot cheaper. They service quite a lot of S's and are familiar with them. The mechanics seemed knowledgable of them. Beyond that can't comment as I am not technical. Would take my car to them for the next service.

Total cost: approx
Old 11-19-2003, 10:30 AM

Hi guys

just venting

In April put in request for new alloys (rusty on the inside)

In september they sent the request again cos they lost the first one

In October at service I tell them the ashtray flap is broken and the roof is leaking

In November I phone them and they dont know what Im talking about so they recreate the order

I drop the car off yesterday - no record of why Im there, no hire car

They phone me today

Wrong alloys ordered!!! (ordered Import alloys which have the wrong offset? sounds like CR4P to me!!!)

Ashtray fitted (not ashtray flap repaired) sorry we seem to have made a mistake!

MOT done at last!

Roof allegedly fixed!!

Then they try and charge me for the parts because its now out of warranty (November) even though I told them in April and October!! I told them where to stick the bill!!!

NOT a HAPPY BUNNY

Chiswick Honda
Service 0/10
Old 11-25-2003, 02:17 AM

Dealer report on a 54 K service.

Honda Dealership Crown Honda Busy Heath
Workmanship on service 9/10 On leaking roof 0/10
Knowledge of the car on service 9/10 on new front speakers 2/10
Customer Service 8/10
Tracey Yerrill Service Advisor

Service and customer support excellent
Old 11-25-2003, 11:26 AM

I'll get there tomorrow - on my 1314th bathroom tile at the moment - don't ask!
Old 11-26-2003, 11:29 AM

Drake and Fletcher (previously Ashford) Honda

Servicing my JDM for several years, never a problem with them and Lorraine on the service desk is nice.
Service technicians are also good with the S and understand the odd differences on an import.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:15 AM

Dealer Name. Priory Mansfield
Workmanship 7
Knowledge of the car 8
Customer Service 9
Sales 0

Overdue some input I suspect so here goes.

Inspected car with me before it went to the garage with a view to making sure a) what condition it went in and b) making them aware I was not expecting any damage whatsoever.

Watched Mechanic put covers on seats etc as you would expect.

Respected my request for no washing.

Were willing to use oil I supplied, advised me ( we discussed) oil selction and were happy to but mineral back in if I wanted too.

Bit over time I thought but a BIG BIG plus for me - they did it while I waited - terrific, also happy to stamp service book later as I,ever the pillock, forgot it.
Downside - no coffee and the builders were in the main showroom so it was a little crowded.

Sales guys were like vultures - very much of a type and strangely didn't come and talk to me - I was in mufti but was looking round an M3 and B3 so you would have thought a brief chat might have been in order. They seemed to key on older folks who were obviously having cars MOTs etc done so were in the replacement market, they didn't tag me to the S until I left I think.

Left unused oil in a little bag with a top up funnel and tissues.

Price - under quoted 153 - 134 result.

Pretty good but not as good as favorite dealer Baden Powell in Shorpe
Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 10
Sales 10

Top guy is Dealer Principal who owns the place and is happy to talk straight and direct. Sales guy is Gary who is keen to help and not at all pushy or intrusive and genuinely likes cars (especially mine:-)) Good discounts on cash deals and repeat business.

Think the difference is due to the personal touch of a family owned business and the franchise operation that is Priory, which is basically the Coop I think.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT