UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 09-12-2003, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent

Hi Neil,

I have just had a 9K service done on my car By Norton Way in Letchworth. I supplied the Mobil 1, and watched them to make sure it was used...it was. The balance of the oil was placed in the boot, but they wrapped it up so that there would be no chance of any spillage in the boot (Now that was good customer service)

The Service guy (Nick) seemed very interested in the car, and was really helpful. I called them on Monday to book the car in, and they fitted me in today - Friday - I asked hem if they could supply a UK service book as I have an Import and the service book supplied with the car is in Belgian or Dutch, but appears to be for a Jazz, Civic & Stream, which have different service schedules. The UK service book was supplied with no problems at all. The Tech who did the work even came out to chat to me and told me that the car was in great shape.

There were no scratched tot he car either inside the bonnet or outside the car. There was no oil spilled in the engine bay or around the oil filter

So my ratings look like this

Dealer Name. Norton Way Letchworth
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 8 (for the service guy) 10 for the Tech
Customer Service 10++
Sales I did not buy the car form them so I cannot comment
Old 09-12-2003, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by JohnB
Dealer Name. Norton Way Letchworth
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 8 (for the service guy) 10 for the Tech
Customer Service 10++
Sales I did not buy the car form them so I cannot comment
I always recommend NWHL for servicing - not so much for sales. They're very accomodating - I wonder if anyone has had a negative experience with them (touching wood(Desk)) ?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:47 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Norton Way Honda Letchworth:

Had the alignment and new tyres done there.

Efficiency - 10. Booked in when I wanted, phone call when it would be ready, hire car available, noted I requested 2001 settings. Total politeness & competence throughout.

Work - 10. Wheels cleaned up reasonably, Alignment printouts before & after.

Knowledge of car - 10. Parts manager seemed to know exactly why I'd want new tyres and alignment for winter. He met me on price too!

Sales staff - 5. Not really relevant, but they did introduce themselves and took me personally to the reception desk when I came in the wrong door. It deserves a mention as they were so helpful.

Overall a high recommendation.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dog Biscuit
Old 10-23-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Dealer Satisfaction Survey - a RANT

Neil_s2k was trying to set up a dealer satisfaction survey.
Having taken this over from him on a temp. basis - I can well understand his frustration.

The survey is currently reposing HERE _ BT willing and able - believe that!

I have amended it to show for each dealer rating how many views (i.e. how much input you lot have put in) there are, and what the range of overall rating is.
There are 245 members of the UK board - some of you must have an S2000 - some of you must occasionally visit a dealer. -Count the number of inputs on the survey - appreciate that a fair percentage of them are multiples from the same few people - and it does raise a few questions.

Is such a survey of value? At the moment I think it is worth diddly squat - no nasturtiums on Neil - more on you lot.
Is it trying to be too wide in its coverage?
Should it for example concentrate on the service side rather than sales. After all most of us know what we want before stepping into a dealership and subsequently are more concerned with protecting investment | cherished possession etc.
Shd it reveal the originators of the input ?- eg if Brian Marshall said a dealer was good - you might drive a few miles to get there - if I said the same - large yawn
Shd it show complexity of work carried out - i.e. any fool can pour a few quarts of oil in without damaging things - hopefully.

AE is thinking of writing an interactive version of this - but before he wastes his time - I wd think there needs to be more enthusiasm | support.

Or is the whole thing worth burying???

Sorry about this - just don't think it's working at the moment.

Shd there be a poll?
Old 10-23-2003, 02:25 PM

I think it's worth while, but then I've contributed, I want to deal with someone who will look after my car, and Peter Brooks in Sheffield (my contibution) should be knocked down for technical knowedge, or more to the point trying to bullshit the owner!

cheers

gary
Old 10-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I think the DSS is very useful, but only if we actively input into it. I dont think we need a poll, people's input will prove if it is worth keeping or not. Keep posting your comments on dealers
Old 10-23-2003, 10:42 PM

Well I did warn you Mike

Keep up the good work.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AquilaEagle
I think the DSS is very useful, but only if we actively input into it.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scov

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT