UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 06-02-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The cold hard truth? Cheshire Oaks Honda....Ellesmere Port....Not going to bore you with the who, what, where, when, why...just to mention that I was promised half a tank of fuel, there wasn't so had to ask before leaving....no owners manual, told its on order the day I paid..a week later they ring to tell me its out of print as in I wont be getting one from them....journey home I notice that under acceleration from lights the car 'pulls' to the left like its steering without my input......upon getting home (after the two hour drive) we check rear tyre pressures...only to find the left is 12psi and the other is 46psi...now if I'd had a puncture I wouldn't have been aware of the space-saver procedure as in for use on front only! as I didn't have the bloody owners manual to tell me nor did anyone at Honda before I drove away with an empty tank......do you really need to know more....they lied and clearly hadn't done the 'multi check' as they told me...great car but the worst buying experience.....Honda UK sent me a substantial cheque to say sorry for the catalogue of errors.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like when I got my Aygo from a Toyota dealer, they told me the car would be serviced even if it wasn't due, collected car and it hadn't been serviced, I asked why, they say it was done 6 months ago so not due, driving home the steering felt heavy, got home checked tyre pressures, 18-20 psi all round, should be 32 psi.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another Redhill Honda user with good things to say!

I use Tom at TGM for anything other than the yearly service to keep the full main dealer history intact.

I bought the car from these guys and out of all the Hampshire/Surrey Honda dealers I spoke to when asking/checking how much a service would be, these guys knew the car and priced well. Some of the garages I called told me I needed the fuel pickup filter changed and all sorts.

I will continue to use them each year for the oil/filter work
Old 06-04-2015, 12:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Retford Honda.

Excellent as always, first time i had brought my s2000 to them as it is the first service/mot in my ownership, but always brought my civic to them. Got their at 8:30am and was greeted by a salesman who explained everything to me, gave me a discount off the service as i was using my own oil and also asked the service engineer to take note of my before and after valve clearance for me.

Car passed mot with 1 advisory for worn brake pads and discs, which they did not try to sell me new ones, just said they need sorting within the next 1-2 months and if i want them to do it just to give them a call and they will get it booked in for me.

They were nice and chatty and appreciated the S2000, and got lots of nice comments on how clean and looked after the car was, nice free as much as you could drink coffee/tea machine, and free biscuits too

Car was finished before their estimate of 12:30, was done around 12, salesman walked me outside and made sure i was able to get the car out and it was not blocked in and that the seat covers were removed.

Only thing is i have received 3 phone calls since which i was not able to answer due to missing them, which were from vertu honda after care to make sure i was happy with the service i received etc.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Having recently moved to Salisbury area I'm wondering if many on here have used the Honda dealer in Salisbury for work on their S?
Old 02-26-2016, 01:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not me, but my friend took his S2000 there and they quoted £500 for a service. When he asked why it was so expensive, they said it was because the timing belt needed changing. They looked dumbfounded when he said the F20 has a timing chain. Both him and I took our cars to TGM in Fleet to be serviced.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Unfortunately not all service receptionists are clued up and blindly follow what their computer tells them, they may not even have been on the correct car, how do I know? I work on the parts desk next to service reception and see/hear all manner of things. No excuses really but our techs in the workshop are really good so a dealer can't be judge d altogether by the front desk, pity it's not a Honda dealer I'm in though.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was one of the mechanics.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a shame! Would've been handy to have a local dealer clued up on the car. I used to use TGM but they are just too far away now. I have been using Brockenhurst Honda for the last couple years as they have looked after lots of S2000's and have never let me down. May have to stick with them albeit not my local any more.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres a guy giving advice re s2k tct's on the Lude Forum who is in the workshop at Salisbury Honda, so could be ok.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT