UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this thread still active? It is now!

Redhill Honda: MOT & 54k service to incl valve clearances, plugs etc. 09 car 49k miles.

Excellent customer service, clean loan car, (choice of Jazz or Jazz), took the time to explain paperwork and work done. All good, bar slight leaking of rear shocks, which I hope to replace under Honda Happiness policy.

The only ??? I've come away with is that they reported the valve clearances were checked and no adjustment needed, so as expected the car drives and sounds the same at idle. But no paperwork/gap measurements and the rocker cover looks exactly the same as when I took it in, ie hose clips, bolts etc all as they were prior to service. So unless that's not right, I have to assume it has all been done. Oh, and now running with Shell Helix Ultra 5w30. Ho hum.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:33 PM

Bracknell Honda
Service carried out, car was 7 years old, mileage was 39k.

Car booked in nice and easily, as i happened to be passing on the way back from a meeting. The woman on reception is always friendly.

Dropped the car off at 8am, the guys on the desk confirmed what was being carried out and that I was waiting for it to be completed. I asked if anything else was required so he checked the system and explained nothing extra on this one but gave me the info what will be needed next time.

The work was carried out, I have no issues with that and I made it home by lunchtime.

I mentioned about a vibration on the rear which they quickly investigated on the test drive after the service, they said the tyres needed replacing and if the vibration was still there to book it in.

Tyres replaced and still vibrated so booked it in. They collected the car, investigated and then fixed the car before returning it to my house. My first ever warranty claim and they were great.

For now they have my trust and recommendation
Old 06-02-2015, 04:08 AM

Had a great service from Marshall Honda, Mountsorrel (Leics) a couple of weeks ago for my 81k service.

I usually make the 130 mile trip down to TGM, but as this main stealer is literally half a mile from my house in the same village, and where I go for parts and any emergency repairs/checks, thought I'd give them a chance at servicing, depending on what price/deal they could do for me.

The reason I was fairly happy for my car to go there, was a "technician" called Chris. Last year when I had it MOT'd there (convenience and not much more money than the independents I use) I asked him to be careful getting in and out the car because of the seat bolsters, to use seat and floor mat covers, etc. He looked at me a bit gone out, like I was from another planet, but while he was MOT'ing it (I always like to watch them), he was chatting to me about the car and my ownership and he could tell that I look after it and it's my pride and joy. He then went on to tell me that when Honda first launched the S2000, they sent him on a training course to learn all about the car and it's mechanics. They also sent him on a staff training track day thing.

So, all of a sudden, this guy was my best mate And it gave me confidence in letting them have the car, providing he worked on it.

Even when I took it back this year for a check over after it's winter hibernation (I heard/felt strange noises/vibrations), he took the time to come out with me in the car, listen for any noises and check the car over for me underneath, and reassured me that all was well.

So I asked them for a price on the 81k service, to which they quoted me £780 or something stupid like that. I told them that was a ridiculous price, so they asked me if I would like them to see what they can do. One word answer - yes. So they came back with £400. That's more like it, I told them. And if I supply my own oil? £350. Much more like it. So they were now on par with TGM, taking into account fuel, time, etc.

So I then asked if they could do me a deal on the service, plus mot, plus air con regas, plus pollen filter, plus gearbox oil. All in, it came to £585, but I said that I'd book it in with them if they'd do it all for £550. I didn't think that was asking a lot. And a few days later (I told them I was in no rush as the service wasn't due for another month), they said that they can do that price.

So I booked it in.

And the service I had was second to none - it certainly put my faith back into a main dealer. I dropped it off at 8am prompt, when they asked for it, and at 8:15 I had a call to say that they've noted a lot of stone chips at the front and a dent, that they didn't spot before. I told them there's always been a small ding in the bonnet (very difficult to see, and can only notice it in certain lights and from certain angles) and I'm not too fussed about the stone chips as with the way it's driven it will get plenty more. And I mentioned that they didn't spot them before because the car was covered in 7 months worth of dust, whereas now it was clean.

So at about 1:30pm, they called me to say the car was ready. I picked it up and before I handed any money over, asked to check the car over (it went in once and they ended up putting dings down one side). They normally don't give you the keys until you pay, which I said I understand if that's the case, and someone can come with me to the car. But they gave me the keys and said it was no problem. So I checked the car over, and bar the odd greasy finger/hand print and a dirty windscreen from putting the washers on, which is to be expected, it was as I sent it in. And Chris had put the spare oil can in the boot in plastic bag, so save the boot lining getting dirty - nice touch. And they'd parked it out the way of anything else to save the risk of denting it (it's a dealership that's out-grown its site). And he didn't even check the headlight washers, as he must have remembered I asked him not to last year as they spray all over the front of the car leaving watermarks. It's the little things I find that make all the difference.

So I paid my money, and happily went away, thanking them for their fantastic service

And to top it all off, I know one of the salesmen there, and he came and chatted to me. I used to go to college with him and he's in fact the guy that sorted me out with a test drive on both a CTR and an S2000, many years ago. He saw me and said he'd sort me out with a test drive on a new CTR when they get the demo car in next month!!! Good lad
Old 06-02-2015, 04:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You must live near me then Andy, I live in Barrow Upon Soar, my car had full history from Mountsorrel Honda by the previous owner who was from Loughborough
Old 06-02-2015, 04:25 AM

No way! Yeah I'm only a few miles away

Yes they were very good overall, and do see the odd S2000 in there now and again. One of them was probably yours!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:25 AM

I sometimes go for a blast on a nice evening if ever you fancy joining?
Old 06-02-2015, 04:27 AM

I've had mine since November 2012 so it's not been in there while I've had it, a friend of mine used to be a salesman there and also another friend is/was a mechanic there, not sure if he still is as not seen him for years, you had your S2000 long, don't think I've seen you around?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:17 AM

Oh right, I only know a salesman called Daniel and the mechanic called Chris.

I've had mine since April 2012. You'd be lucky to see me around in the S - it's only a fair weather/weekend/summer car, so hides away all winter and doesn't come out much

DD is a silver X reg 6N2 Polo, so you've got more chance of seeing me around in that.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:24 AM

Same as me then, got the car November 2012 with 60230 miles and now done 62870, off the road all winter and only driven it twice so far this year, my daily is a Astra estate

The salesman and mechanic I know are both called Richard

I'll look out for you over the summer, mine is a Silverstone with private reg
Old 06-02-2015, 07:10 AM

Wow! That's nothing in two and a half years!

I bought mine at 36k, now on 42k. Hmm, can't say Richard rings a bell.

Likewise - mine's a red 06.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT