UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 08-18-2011, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by garethrees' timestamp='1313651157' post='20889380
Dealer Name: Clover Leaf Cars Ascot (Honda)

Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 7
Sales N/A
Labour Cost: 1 (£108 per hour)

Comments:

Booked in for Service and MOT, contacted and informed that car had failed MOT because of a corroded brake line and it needed replacement, while doing one side the other also was corroded and should be replaced, in order to remove the break line the fuel line needs to be taken off and you might as well replace that the same time.

Total cost more than £280 parts and £480 labour in order to Pass the MOT.

I declined and took to independent garage for inspection of the work that was 'needed'.

Independent garage inspected the break lines and performed the MOT. The result: PASS without any advisories.

I think the facts speak for themselves I will not be using them again for anything at all or recommending them.
£760 attempted rip off and you gave them 10, 10, 7 ? I would have given them stright zeros and reported them to the MOT police!
Seamed harsh to give the engineers a bad score, they know the car and there job and customer service were very polite when they were "scr*wing me".

MOT Police have been contacted, I'm sure Ascot Management will be having some interesting conversations with VOSA.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 AM

Dealer Name: Brayley Honda (St Albans and Hemel Hempstead)

Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 10
Sales 10 (When purchased 2 years ago and another this year)

Comments:

Serviced by St Albans a few weeks back, good job. Price matched another franchise in my area and no problems at all about that. Car serviced (big one 81k), Loan Car provided at no cost. Free MOT - passed with glowing colours Car was purchased from here 2 years back and I was well looked after by the sales guy. So much we bought another this year from him.

Hemel - These guys (David and Victor) helped me out a LOT when I was stuck on Friday.

Long story short, Immobiliser packed up on the car. AA called out, couldn't start, second AA truck out to flat bed it to a garage, They took it in straight away with an hours notice, provided me a loan car for 6 days and set to work looking at it. Was having a faff as really needed to get to work for a meeting but it wasnt an issue for them to sort me out a temp car. Monday diagnosed as alarm module (common problem). New parts ordered and fitted. Just picked it back up and all 100%.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Redhill Honda

Apr 2010 - workmanship fine 8
Knowledge of car 8
Customer Service 8
Sales no interaction

Remarks - car collected and delivered back with 2 stone chips on drivers door which I didn't notice until 6pm - remedied without argument, courtesy car provided without any prob when car went back for paint repair.

May 2011 scored
workmanship fine 8
Knowledge of car 8
Customer Service 5

Customer service only 5 - car had leather peeling on drivers seat back lumbar support - reported when car went in for service, they forgot to ring me later that Honda had ok'd replacement of seat cover until I rang them a couple of weeks later.
Took car in (they didn't charge me for courtesy car) and had seat cover replaced, they did a really good polishing job on the car so redeemed themselves - Customer service score raised to 8.

Service price quoted was cheaper than Croydon Honda (by about £30)

They advised rear tyres getting low and offered to quote but were more expensive than Event Tyres

In the course of general chit-chat they were very dismissive of the Owners Club, gave me the impresssion that they thought we are only looking for negatives!!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Dealer Name: Brayley Honda Hemel Hempstead

Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 10

Just had the 108k service, were happy as always to let me supply bits n pieces (sparkplugs and brake fluid this time).

Gave the usual S2KUK/s2ki discount

Car is running well.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:54 AM

Dealer Name. Horizon Motor Company, Poole
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 10
Sales N/A

OK so this was a huge major service (like a 52k one), but basically the first major service the car has had (shame on you Lucy!!)

Also had new pads all round - service was £478 knocked down to £450 and the pads were £100 rear and £125 front.

Not sure how pricey this is when compared to other places but the car is driving so much better that I'm happy and feel I got value for money.

It's like driving a new car!

Oh and the coffee is great, I got to watch the rugby, their toilets are cleaner than my kitchen and they got the window guy to repair a chip too!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 AM

John Pease, Braintree

Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 9

Just had my 54,000 mile service at John Pease Honda in Braintree (which seems to be mostly Renault/Peugeot orientated, nearly missed the garage and drove past as I didn't see any Honda livery from the main road).

Good customer service and knowledge, was greeted by Fred who walked over to my car with me to go over what I wanted (I was supplying my own oil and headlight ECU which needed replacing). He gave it a brief inspection for any existing damage and I was given a courtesy car (Peugeot 107) which cost £12 for up to one week (I wasn't able to pick my car up again until later that week, so got the full weeks worth! Not that I enjoy driving a 107 much...).

Went to pick up the car and saw 'gearbox oil' listed on the invoice which concerned me (I was worried they put the wrong fluid in the diff). This was just down to the proper item code for diff fluid not being on their invoicing system, they went back to the service dept and came back with full details of what they had put in the diff with a print out of it's properties, which was reassuring. They used Total Transmission TM 80W90 GL5, which meets the required spec.

Rocker cover a bit grubby, I assume because they were adjusting the valve clearences, but not too bad.

Parts wise all the correct items were used, the proper size oil fitler, NGK platinum spark plugs, etc.

Total price £466, including VAT and 15% S2KUK discount.

Car driving very well. Feels incredible after driving a 107 all week!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Dealer Name : Horizon Honda Poole
Workmanship NA
Knowledge of the car 8
Customer Service 8
Sales 8

Only been a few times, but recently when I had EPS issues they were very helpful. The service manager dealt with me, and was keen to help even though my car didn't have an OEM ECU. They coded my spare ECU for me and pulled the EPS fault codes and did a bit of basic diagnosis for a pretty good price. Overall very helpful
Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 AM

Purchased a 2008 S2000 from marshalls Honda in peterborough. Really impressed with faultless friendly service, quality of the car and overall experience.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:27 AM
T_W

Dealer name: Springfield Honda - Sunderland
Workmanship 5
Knowledge of car 8
Customer service 8
Sales 8

Had car serviced twice 1st time failed to refit seal and trim correctly after replacing cabin air filter, both times fitted smaller oil filter. On 2nd service overfilled the engine, reckon by 0.5ltr.
Customer service and sales have always been helpful, supplied missing radio code when I first got the car and provided a locking nut key (free), they also match Internet prices on parts. Won't be using them again for servicing.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:47 AM

I bought my GT100 from Bristol Honda (Brislington) 3 years ago and have been really pleased with their service. I recently needed to have the diff replaced and it was done really quickly and efficiently. We were all bemused as to why the diff on a 3 year old car needed replacing at all, but the faulty one has gone back to Honda UK to find out why. Has anyone else had similar problems with theirs?

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT