UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The website link on the first post doesn't work..
http://www.donteatit.co.uk/s2k/dealersurvey.htm

Well it doesn't work for me anyway.

Anyway onto dealer..

Collins Honda, Herstmonceux, East Sussex.

First class for service and parts. Rubbish for sales !

Dealer Name. Collins Honda
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car Have yet to find out but I anticipate 20 given my other Honda
Customer Service 10
Sales 2
I cannot fault either their service dept or parts (I last went to parts dept 5 years ago and today the chap still knew me and the car I used to drive !) first class knowledge and service from both.
As for sales - I went in in oct 2009 and asked them to source me an S2000, new if possible but otherwise as new as they could get .. they didn't call once . Rubbish! I don't think they took me seriously.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

No comment on my current dealer...
Old 05-26-2010, 09:04 AM

Chester Honda
Fromaly Saunders now part of the Holdcroft group

72K/96month service
Oil change, oil filter, trans & diff oil + usual checks
£150
Supplied my own oil and filter

Very good customer service, very pleasant, gave me a lift to work after I dropped the car off (I didn't want a court. car) and picked me up afterwards, also gave me 2 Honda coffe mugs for free. 10/10

On such a basic service I don't feel I can comment to much on their workmanship or knowlage of the car but it seemed pretty good.

Don't know if they changed anything from being Saunder Honda to Holdcroft but I would be very happy to return.

First visited Two Mills for a service, they were deradfull, customer service appears good at frist but when you scratch the surface they don't know their arse form their elbow. 0/10
Old 06-30-2010, 02:33 AM

Lookers Honda Liverpool

First service (09 MY) £170.00.

Polite and courteous, serviced car while I waited

Correct S2000 oil filter used

New premises and they have a nice big window into the workshop so you can see the technician working on the car

Downside was they were requested NOT to wash the car, and it came back looking like it had been cleaned by Stevie Wonder, and much dirtier than it had gone in

Overall rating 7/10

Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I noticed a post for Osbornes in Writtle near Chelmsford Essex, they were always surperb looking after my CRX courtesy car/valet for the smallest service............Then they changed hands, and are now Lyndhill Honda and are now pants. the last time I used them I asked why they hadden't washed the car, said they didn't have time (great customer care) but insult to injury they could do it if I waited for £35 + VAT I accidentaly went torretts and without meaning to told them to F**K off, local and very friendly Bosnians had been doing in and out for less than a tenner.
Typical rip offs £3.50 topping up (full) windscreen washer
£60+ for oil + environmental disposal
Wanted £150+vat+parts to change thermostat.

Funny enough never went back, moved to Cornwall and bought as S

Workmanship 4/10 CRX tech had left.

Knowledge of Vec 4/10 I asked them to check rear seat belts, reception said no problem!

Customer service 4/10

Sales 1/10 wife swapped her jazz for newer one, salesman went back to manager three times to "beg" for more discount, better P/X etc. Squeezed off another £500, I told him it wasn't good enough and went to leave. He then said we could have the paint protection and minor repair insurance for free. I asked what that was worth he said over £500, so I got up and marched into the sales managers office (salesman in tow) Told him I didn't want the "free" extras I'd have the £500 instead was told that wasn't possible so I left the showroom and called Honda UK. One hour later phone call from dealer with a new discount of £1300, now why do I think I had been dealing with a double glasing salesman.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Now the good news!

Rowes Honda Truro Cornwall

Workmanship 10/10

Knowledge of Vec 9/10

Customer service 10/10

sales ? loads of post cards etc. did get to drive CR-Z, just gave me the keys!

This is based on many visits by me and the wife. As far as the S goes I told them I had bought a cat D that had been rebuilt, it felt good but I wanted a good check over for my own peace of mind and booked in for a service £0k on the clock and doing low miles so a 56 plater means 3rd service. service was done and car felt 100% better just under £400 for service. I was shown where underbody parts were missing by the engeneer, not an S2000 tech but he seemed to know his stuff splash guards covers etc, parts a reasonable £300 inc vat so I had the work done soon after (getting close to winter didn't want salt etc getting in). Labour was a resonable £94. also I was advised front discs were low, I had checked this myself and knew it was true. Dealer quoted around £120+vat but I said Kwak-Flip had quoted £77 the sales manager laughed and said "I'd go there then if I were you, of corse you know about Honda parts and warrentes etc?" So good sales pitch but not pushy.
Job done on the road and happy.

Had noticed a rattle from under the near side, go over a bump and she starts to rattle for a few miles then stops till the next hole, bump, drain cover. took the car back in and was told after 1/2 hour tech had found FNS roll bar link had wrong bolts, new ones fitted road tested spoke to tech young guy very S2000 keen told him of S2KUK and info available and came away with my wallet still in my pocket! Now thats the kind of service I apreceate.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, young tech said the clutch felt heavy, sorted that myself thanks to S2KUK.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dealer Name: Lookers Honda Liverpool
Workmanship: 8
Knowledge of the car: 10
Customer Service: 10
Sales: 10

Went to Lookers in Liverpool today for the 1st time after playing with the idea many times mainly because of the poor customer service/lack of knowledge at Two Mills as clearly pointed out by cata10.

I was very impressed by the fact that they immediately gave S2KUK discount without any haggling and also offered the club discount on my MOT bringing my service & MOT in at £149 (I supplied my own oil).

The reports that came back with the car were very comprehensive, individual reports for brakes, emmissions, health check, etc, etc, which the gent on the service desk went through in detail with me. This is a massive difference from the service that I have previously experienced from Two Mills even after going there for 8 years with my CRX and 3 years with my S. Two Mills just ask for payment and tell you that they will bring your car round to the front!!

I was offered to extend/take out a new Honda warrenty which I have taken details on and also offered a service payment plan which they were willing to give S2KUK discount and deduct money for me supplying my own oil, etc - again I have taken the details away to review. The guy was not pushy in the slightest and was more of an here's what we can offer rather than a hard sell approach. All on all the chap on the service desk spent 15 minutes or so with me which made a nice change to the normal give me your money & knob off

They washed my S for me which I was not expecting and to be fair it was stinking and any thing was better than nothing.

The only one thing that I could fault was that I could hear a rattling from behind me when I got a mile or so down the road. It would have been there right from leaving the garage but I had the music on loud & roof down so did not notice! Upon further investigation in the boot the bolt/clasp or whatever you call it that holds the spare wheel in place was loose, obviously been taken out and not fastened back in place properly.

Other than that I willl definitely be going back there
Old 02-05-2011, 04:03 AM

Dealer Name: Grantham Honda
Workmanship: 10
Knowledge of the car: 10
Customer Service: 10
Sales: N/A

I have used Grantham Honda for the last 3 years and they have always impressed, but this time they have excelled themselves. It was booked in for a 72K service including transmission fluid change, took a shade over 2 hours but with plenty of free coffee to drink and TV to watch, I was quite happy to wait. The staff were all very polite, and the service manager took plenty of time to explain all the work carried out. They have a Master Technician in the work shop who always works on the S2000 and NSX's that come in, so I was very happy in the knowledge that he had worked on my pride and joy.

Now onto the best bit. They immediately offered a 10% S2KUK club membership discount on everything when I mentioned I was a member, and were also more than happy to use the engine oil (Castrol Edge TD 5W/40) I provided. In the service reminder letter I received a few weeks ago, it mentioned about free MOT and a years complimentary roadside recovery. The free MOT only applies to cars bought from them, however they offer a flat rate of £35 for an MOT, but they then offered me the free roadside recovery on the spot!

The total bill? Just £140 all in. The standard of service was exemplary and I would recommend them wholeheartedly.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:11 AM

Dealer Name: Southampton Honda
Workmanship: 8
Knowledge of the car: 8
Customer Service: 9

The garage offered a 10% discount straight away at mention of S2KUK membership, £80 discount when supplying own engine oils and cleaned and valeted the car. I was at work so did not see the work done, but they were very thorough and would recommend.

Total cost was £240 for the 63k service.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Dealer Name: John Pease Braintree Essex (Service only)
Workmanship: 9
Knowledge of the car: 9
Customer Service: 9

Offered a discount as soon a S2KUK was mentioned. When phoning the service department the guy was knowledgable on the S2K and sounded a keen petrol head!
No hassle with supplying own oil with appropriate reduction in cost. Car was cleaned and roadside recovery deal was provided.

Total cost was £318 for 3rd service.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT