UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 10-31-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my car in for it's 63k service this morning at Clover Leaf Honda, Ascott. When I phoned to book it in a few weeks earlier, I asked about the possibility of getting in first thing and waiting for it. Not a problem they said, we will get it in straight away on your arrival.

Pleasant man on service desk called Mark, who offered me coffee and kept me up to date about the progress of my car.

I supplied my own oil (castrol td edge 5w 40) and I had a new oil filter knocking about that I asked them to use also. They didn't question me using 'diesel' branded oil as Ive heard some garages doing! -so a plus point for that..

The overall cost was £128 and I was on my way home by 10am with a car that felt somehow 'tauter' and more responsive.

Customer service: 9/10
Knowledge: 9/10
Workmanship: 9/10

Well done Cloverleaf!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 PM

I would like to use this but the links are not working!!

Is anyone looking into it?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 AM

Drake and Fletcher Tunbridge Wells

Car in for un explained rattle and driver side rear click.
Ordered 4 post mats

Click turned out to be wheel bearing which was replaced.

They said rattle was the pads after they had torqued alot of stuff up - I took the left rear wheel off and the caliper protector was hanging off!!!! It took me 5 minutes and im not a mechanic.

They also drove the front bumper into a kerb or ramp and sctrached it the whole way across. They havent resolved this, ive not even had a courtesy call.

They also didnt phone when mats were in.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:44 AM

Crown Honda, Bushey

Sales: ?
Customer Service: ?
Knowledge: ?
Workmanship: ?

haven't been there since Jorge left..
Old 11-01-2009, 04:50 AM

re: Bushey.
See Page 3 of the Jenson thread with comments of what their mechanics said to me when Jorge was on holiday.

I ended up having to move my car to another dealer.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here we go again, the usual confusion when I take my S to Two Mills for a service & MOT which is why I have split the knowledge of car in to 2 sections.

Without having a rant, the last time (3 year service) there was complete confusion between the guys on the service desk as to whether the diff oil needed to be changed even though it is clear as daylight on the service schedule. Long story short, it was done and changed again earlier this year by Ron for my own piece of mind!

This time, when I booked the S in and was in the process of agreeing a price I was told they could do the service cheaper if I opted not to have my brake fluid changed as part of the 4 year service I pointed out to them that it has been done as part of the 3 year service, again as per the schedule and as per the print out from their computer system to advise that this work was completed last year. They agreed it was a mistake and we left it at that.

This morning I turn up with the S only to be handed a print out to advise 'customer supplying own oil and does not require brake fluid to be changed'!! Again when I questioned this, they just looked at me and said they may have got confused with another service schedule!! We shall see what other dumb comments I get when I pick it up later and I will update the scores.

Dealer Name. Two Mills
Workmanship: waiting to pick the S up - usually very good
Knowledge of the car (mechanics/technicians) 8
Knowledge of the car (service desk) 3
Customer Service: 7 - very pleasant, they just don't know what they are talking about
Sales: 1 based upon the fact they did nothing when I asked them to find me an S and told them I had £20k to spend

Old 11-16-2009, 03:39 AM

And you keep going there because?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only reason is convenience, I work in Chester and they are a few miles up the road. If I start going to Liverpool or Crewe (next nearest dealers) then I would need to start taking time off work which I want to avoid.

To be fair, at one point they used to be very good, now I keep on hoping that they will be better next time!!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspode,Nov 16 2009, 01:39 PM
And you keep going there because?

Plenty more dealers, i know a guy who avoids the dealers in Newcastle and travels to Carlisle .

I service my car myself have done for the last 2-3 years, and my nearest dealer is 10mins away but they are simply awful...Stan Palmer Honda.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:48 AM
TRW

Dealer Name: Browns Honda, Loughton

Workmanship 5
Knowledge of the car 4
Customer Service 7
Sales 8
Comments:

Customer service has been improved significantly - probably due to a customer survey they are doing - it was rubbish before (will wait to see if it goes downhill again). Repair shop manager is rude and until the last visit the service department were not much help. Asked for a price on a replacement bumper, told me to go round the building to the parts shop (could they not have called?), asked for the price fully painted and was told to go round the other side of the building to get a price from the accident repair dept (again why not call?)

They try to load you up with replacement parts when getting a service done. Incorrect measurements provided on tyres and brake pads to encourage changing of these parts. Screen wash (as always) added as usual despite asking for them to advise on ANY items needed.

Car does get a free valet which is nice but seems to be the norm these days.

Overall I would take my car somewhere else but its too convenient going here - take all of their recommendations with a pinch of salt.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT