UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 12-19-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pasquale Bruno,Dec 19 2008, 04:09 PM
This test driver must be new, as I have been using Chathams for 7 years and never heard of him!

Dont know if he is new or not, this was the first time i have used Chathams. I'm from the other side of Edinburgh. He was an older man, who used to work at TVR.

He certianly seemed to know how to drive the car, I was speaking to the sales manager there, he never mentioned how long Iain had been working for them.

Maybe they just saw me coming????
They only let the more experienced folk do the tests on the S, so perhaps this is new.

Campbell Chatham took me out - and scared me shitless to the extent that I bought the car I was that impressed with it. I imagine Campbell is too busy these days to do many testdrives.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by euan,Dec 19 2008, 01:56 PM
They only let the more experienced folk do the tests on the S, so perhaps this is new.

Campbell Chatham took me out - and scared me shitless to the extent that I bought the car I was that impressed with it. I imagine Campbell is too busy these days to do many testdrives.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM

can add another for Howards Honda at Weston Super Mare,

Darren very helpful, good prices, courtesy car and free sweeties, had no problems with Integra, S2000, and CRV. just had geo at CoG by the way and have a "new" car as far as handling concerned, despite present strange tyre set up, SO2's on front, turanzas on rear.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:46 AM

Dealer Name: Springfield Honda, Sunderland

Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 10
Sales N/A
Comments:

Just back from 12mths first Service which went well, no problems at all very thorough with the service and explanation of what was carried out.

Very efficient - 1.5hrs from begin to end.

Would have scored a 10 but this was just an oil / filter change.

Received a 1ltr bottle of oil for top up - will use again!!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 AM

Dunstable Honda

They have just taken over from another dealer and are now part of the Norton Way Group. Offered me a good discount, bringing the cost of my 54k service to
Old 06-03-2009, 02:10 PM

Bristol Honda

Mr Hudsonbay ( Gaxxy on this forum )

Bought my GT100 from him

Great price, great customer service, very knowledgable about the S ( after all Hudsonbay drives one ). Came to Euromeet and is on the forum too.

Sales: 10/10
Customer Service 10/10 fitted my Alpine radio gratis and had the guys line up all the white S's in the dealership in a row for the "White meet photo" I took.
Knowledge ( Sales ): 10/10 - Knows the S well and is an enthusiast
Workmanship: na.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:29 PM

I'd like to add a ringing endorsement of Gaspode's feedback re Alasdair Fraser (Mr Hudsonbay aka Gaxxy).

I recently purchased a Bermuda Blue from Bristol Honda through Alasdair and he was fantastic: He offered a brilliant deal, provided outstanding customer service via email, telephone & finally in person on the BIG day and he was VERY patient!

So, scores on the doors are
Sales: 10/10
Customer Service: 10/10
Knowledge: 10/10
Workmanship: 10/10 - he effected the first modification on the showroom floor by personally fitting a beautiful blue gear knob! You can't get better than that!
BIG
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 AM

Crown Honda Bushey

Took car in for 7th year (63k mi) service and gearbox oil change (with MTF3).

Was greeted by a pleasant chap at the desk who, on my request, introduced me to Manuel (Jorge's brother, also the shop manager). We then went on to see the car and I described to him what I was expecting.

As this was my first service on the car I also wanted some reassurance that it is a good S2000. While I was waiting for the courtesy car to be delivered, Manuel, who by then had started work on the car, comes in and says I may have rocker cover oil leak. The day before I had foolishly poured oil all over the back of the engine while topping it up without a funnel, so I explained this must be the issue, to which he concurred. Was impressed that he spotted the error (issue) straight away.

Car was ready at the agreed time ready to take on to Wheels in Motion for the geometry setup. No extra items charged, they even gave me a discount, nice one. Car not washed, as per my request (to avoid automatic car brushes). Car felt significantly better, particularly the clutch and gearbox, also a bit more kick when Vtec comes in.

Had a 1.4 Jazz as a courtesy car (extra
Old 06-09-2009, 05:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Norton Way Honda - Letcworth

Have had my car a few times. Rebuilt the engine and sorted out the warranty issue for me before Xmas and I was very pleased with the results. Also did my Geo too, and gave me a 15% club discount. Unfortunately they had to re do the valve stem oil seals as they failed to seat correctly.

Recently they have had the car for a couple of days to see if they could locat e the source of a vibration when accelerating. Whilst they think they've nailed the cause (a tyre defect), as they couldn't be definative there was no charge!

On all occaisions the Service advisors have been very professional and helpful and I've had a Jazz courtesy car FOC.

Workmanship: 9
Knowledge: 10
Customer Service: 10
Old 06-09-2009, 03:15 PM

Durham Honda, Pity Me Branch

Took my 52 plate into them a week after owning just to give it a look over, and also to grease the clutch whilst they were there. Spoke to Anth the service chappie who was most helpful, knew exactly what the problem was remarking that the same sticky/clicking clutch problem happened on the CRV's. Popped it in the following week and they greased clutch, bonnet catch, topped up fluids, checked brakes, touched up a couple of paint chips, and even went to the trouble of putting a missing screw into my rear bumper, all for less than the price of a tank of fuel. I know I could have done all that myself, but the money's well spent IMO as I now know they're a quality outfit. Happy days....

Customer Service: 10/10
Knowledge: 10/10
Workmanship: 10/10

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT