UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 AM
PJD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.guildford-honda.co.uk
Worplesdon Rd
Guildford, GU3 3LD
01483 233446

45,000 service.

Maybe it was the girl on reception who made the experience a good one, but anyway:

More than happy to inspect and agree the condition of the bodywork before taking the car in for a service.

They glued back a tiny plastic trim thing that protects the rear skirt from exhaust fumes which was hanging off FOC.

They rivited back on the front mud flap thing (in front of wheel) which got pulled off coming out of a multi-storey FOC (however, they did first of all suggest buying a brand new inside wheel arch).

Friendly customer service, - nice experience, - it's good when the people you speak to appreciate your concerns and share the enthusiasm you have for your pride and joy.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another for Howards, Weston Super Mare:

Workmanship: 8
Knowledge: 7
Customer Service: 8
Sales: No experience

Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
CB

Alan Day Honda, Southampton

Had picked up some stone chips, scratches from road debris and a mysteriously dented door (car park!). Took the car to Alan Day Honda in Southampton last week, received a reasonable quote, got a loan car (well, a Jazz!) and am very pleased to say that the body shop did a quick and an excellent job - even with my Mugen SS bumper. Great service from Darron and am really pleased. Well done and thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:03 AM

Dealer Name. Grantham Honda
Workmanship 5
Knowledge of the car 3
Customer Service 3
Sales 3

Comments about good or bad service;

Agreed to buy the car and isnspected, was fine no problems, On collection found the Drivers side rear alloy was kerbed. Deeply upset as they have said tough luck and wont do anything.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:16 AM

Chathams Honda
Abbeyhill, Edinburgh

Bought the S last week at this dealership

Chathams knowledge in my experiance is fantastic, they employee a full time test driver, Iain, he has owned his own 2 for over 7 years and know the car inside out. Its a benefit as he is not a salesman and will tell you the + and - of the car.

When I bought the car, the wheels were badly scraped, salesman organised for these to be fully repaired using an external contractor, and all the tyres replaced, new bridgestones. All invoices and work orders handed to me on day of collection. Hopefully this continues when I go for the first service.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 AM

Dealer Name: Crown Honda, Bushey
Workmanship: 9 (not quite sure how I'd know, but all seemed ok - just got in a drove away!)
Knowledge of the car 9 (didn't have much contact with them, just dropped it off and asked jorge to do it)
Customer Service 9 (pleasant enough. called me a taxi as I work a few miles away and didn't really need a courtesy car).

They did wash it though, which I did want. But only this morning can I see where they have missed bits! Rather slap dash job.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pasquale Bruno,Dec 19 2008, 12:16 PM
Chathams Honda
Abbeyhill, Edinburgh

Bought the S last week at this dealership

Chathams knowledge in my experiance is fantastic, they employee a full time test driver, Iain, he has owned his own 2 for over 7 years and know the car inside out. Its a benefit as he is not a salesman and will tell you the + and - of the car.
This test driver must be new, as I have been using Chathams for 7 years and never heard of him!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:09 AM

This test driver must be new, as I have been using Chathams for 7 years and never heard of him!

Dont know if he is new or not, this was the first time i have used Chathams. I'm from the other side of Edinburgh. He was an older man, who used to work at TVR.

He certianly seemed to know how to drive the car, I was speaking to the sales manager there, he never mentioned how long Iain had been working for them.

Maybe they just saw me coming????
Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bramblecat,Aug 15 2008, 08:25 PM
I can heartily recommend Southern Counties in Crawley. Not too far from you. They are knowledgable about the S and they are very friendly and curtious. Will even loan a car for the time they have yours. Had 2 services there and both times had a great experience. I even got them to fit my strut braces.
Southern Counties has gone Now it's Gatwick Honda (They have, I believe, been taken over by the Yeoman group - Not sure if it's same staff). Car is due for a service in April so if anyone goes in there beforehand I would be grateful for an update with their experiences with the new franchises
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=Bramblecat,Dec 19 2008, 03:48 PM] Southern Counties has gone

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT