UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer name: Alan Day Honday, Winchester

Workmanship 8
Knowledge of the car 8
Customer Service 10
Sales -

Comments about good or bad service:

9k service which I booked three or four days in advance so they didn't have a courtesy car. They offered a collect and deliver service, but I opted to take the car in and make use of the 'customer lounge' and pile through some phone calls while they worked on it.

Was happy to see that they 'know' me - probably infamous following my oil filter issues! But they already had down that I didn't want them washing the car - I had been rather particular about that after the oil problem.

They will maybe score higher on workmanship and car knowledge, but first service doesn't really require much out of the ordinary - particularly as no other issues were found.

Customer service was excellent as both Martin and Sal seemed genuinely interested in how I was getting on with the car and whether it had been OK since it had last been in.

Speedy and efficient. No complaints so far.

I should say that in common with most dealers the parts department had no idea what Shinn Etsu was or indeed what it was for! But at least the guy asked me more about what it was for so seemed keen find out more about it when I ordered some.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 AM

Dealer Name: Two Mills Honda (Parkgate Road, South Wirral)
Workmanship: 9 Couldn't find a mistake, but that would be difficult
Knowledge of the car: Not really tested.
Customer Service: 9 - Very Good.
Sales: N/A

This was a 9000 mile service, car about 13 months old. I've not used Honda dealers before so thought i'd ask a few questions first and see how brief or otherwise the responses were. This is the reply I got from Two Mills, was pretty happy with it so took it there. You can guess my questions from the answers.

[QUOTE]Thank you for service enquiry regarding your Honda, please find below the answers to your queries.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:30 AM

Dealer Name. Southern Counties Honda, Crawley
Workmanship: 10
Knowledge of the car: 10
Customer Service: 10

Comments about good or bad service.
72k service +mot
Very helpful on booking in. Asked me if I wanted them to clean the car or not.

The car had an replacement engine dec 2006 which had come from an 02 car so it needed the 72 month spark plug service along with the transmission fluid change due at 72k. ie pretty much everything you can do on this car was done bar coolant change.

they orgininally quoted
Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 AM

Dealer Name: Crown Honda, Bushey
Customer Service: 1
Workmanship: 5

Booked in my car for an interim service and wanted them to look at the cup holder which wasn't fully retracting back, under the warranty.

BAD PTS: When I asked the lady at the service desk if they could stamp by booklet for the oil change, the guy at the service desk next to her tried to make me feel stupid for asking this and started telling his colleague who I was speaking to that you don't get a service stamp for this as its only an oil service! ( the tone of his voice spoke much louder then what I can convey here).

I then asked the lady at the service desk what of the cup holder and she advised me that it wasn't covered under the warranty? I told her it must be because thats why I was advised that it could be looked at when the car came in for the oil service? She then went off and came back to tell me that actually its broken so we wont be able to do it under warranty?!

When I arrived I had parked the cars back facing out in the customer car park, when I came to collect the car after the service, the front of the car was facing out but no big deal obviously and I didn't even give it a thought at the time. Drove straight home, pulled onto the drive. A neighbour walking his dog at the time passes by and says what you do to your bumper? A nice big black scrap along the corner edge of the rear bumper!!! Was gutted and angry but also realised it was too late to do something about it as I was home now so I just decided I wont ever use this useless/careless lot again!

GOOD PTS: Atleast they managed to change the Oil service without too much drama it seems!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:41 AM

[QUOTE=Rapscallion,Jan 11 2008, 09:30 AM] Dealer Name. Southern Counties Honda, Crawley
Workmanship: 10
Knowledge of the car: 10
Customer Service: 10

Comments about good or bad service.
72k service +mot
Very helpful on booking in. Asked me if I wanted them to clean the car or not.

The car had an replacement engine dec 2006 which had come from an 02 car so it needed the 72 month spark plug service along with the transmission fluid change due at 72k. ie pretty much everything you can do on this car was done bar coolant change.

they orgininally quoted
Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 AM

Re: cup holder / warranty. My boss had his FR-V cup-holder replaced under warranty when it broke (neighbours kid stood on it to turn around to talk to kids in the back!!! ).

So I really think it depends on the dealership - a good one will keep you happy, a bad one should be kicked repeatedly until they learn!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by havoc UK,Jan 11 2008, 05:24 AM
Re: cup holder / warranty. My boss had his FR-V cup-holder replaced under warranty when it broke (neighbours kid stood on it to turn around to talk to kids in the back!!! ).

So I really think it depends on the dealership - a good one will keep you happy, a bad one should be kicked repeatedly until they learn!
Would you know if this still applies to a Honda Extended Used car Warranty? I have heard that the 3 year manufacturers warranty whch comes with the car when new is better then the extended one we can take out after the original one has expired and so something like this then wouldnt be covered?
Old 01-11-2008, 07:24 AM

The extended warranty is nothing of the sort...it's an after-market limited mechanical/electrical warranty provided by an independent company. It's pretty good, for that sort of policy, but it's nowhere near a mfrs warranty.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guy's, it's service time again for my baby, any recent info on any dealers in the West Midlands?
Old 03-14-2008, 04:25 AM

Just had the misfortune of Amethyst Honda in Chippenham.

I will never be going there again.

Ignored my instructions, price was exorbitant and they didn't even have any coffee

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT