UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 09-19-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Sep 19 2007, 03:11 PM
Edit; it's not so much making a mistake; it's how you go about fixing it that's so important!
Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Tried to find recommended, non-maindealer, garage in Southampton or Portsmouth. Live on I.W. There's probably one on these threads but can't find it! Help please.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealer Name: Hepworth Honda Halifax; 9000 mile service

I am usually quite critical and objective when using ratings, so these really do reflect the quality of service:

Workmanship 10/10 - I supplied braided brake hoses (as well as brake/gearbox/engine oil and brake pads) which they agreed to fit; they decided not to fit them because a bracket was not included and they would not be a 100% matching replacement as a result. I like this approach, it reflects true integrity, rather than just fitting them to keep you sweet or take the opportunity to make quick bucks. Car was returned to me as you'd expect - if I wanted to be meticulous I could say the radio wasn't on the radio station I left it on

Knowledge of the car 8/10 - I've never seen another S2k in there, so I wasn't sure what to expect. No problems though, and the confidence of the staff suggested they knew what they were doing. They were spot on with my CRX and the S doesn't appear to be an exception.

Customer Service 10/10 - Did everything they promised and car is valeted everytime I get it back, as the CRX was. Every item on the bill is explained and justified.

Sales N/A - No experience, I've never seen the S promoted there, they had no problem with me buying an import and they even chased up my warranty registration when I bought it though. I would definitely buy any product of theirs I needed though.

Overall excellent, it makes so much difference when businesses are conscious of keeping their customers happy. Marginally better than VW (who I also have lots of experience with) and three times cheaper.

Sales N/A -
Old 10-04-2007, 10:54 PM

Holdcroft Honda, Stoke-on-Trent: shock absorber replacement (brief review)

After having been subjected to the worst dealer of all time in my Honda experience (Stuart Graham of Crewe), I went to Holdcroft to get the other damper replaced. Very friendly on the phone (had two techs that worked on S2000 rather than the flimsy generic excuses from Crewe) and gave me a price that was cheaper than the other damper I had done at Stuart Graham - they couldn't understand why I'd been charged more... which says it all.

Job was done while I waited and they checked and adjusted my headlights (FOC!) as I'd asked. Will be taking my car to them for my next service presuming I still live around here.

Summary: First impressions of Holdcroft were of a straight-forward job done well and politely (and I will never tire of saying avoid Stuart Graham in Crewe )

Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 AM

Dealer Name. ALAN DAY HONDA, WINCHESTER

Workmanship 10-10

Knowledge of the car 9-10

Customer Service 10-10

Sales N/A Didnt buy from there.

Comments about good or bad service.

Excellent customer service, managed to get a 54k (the big one) service done for
Old 10-05-2007, 08:30 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

OK, we see a lot of posts about crap dealer service on here so how about balancing the equation..

I live in Nottm and used to get my S serviced etc at Lookers Honda but they bent one of the tabs on my front wing cracking the paint and causing a rust spot and literally did not even want to discuss it. I had several third parties look at the damage and agree it was almost certainly the tab bending because the paint was undamaged aside from the crack.. anyway, i digress, i decided to get the car serviced elsewhere this year and i'd heard good things about Grantham Honda so thought i'd give them a go.

Booking in - very flexible, knowledgeable and informative, very helpful.
Arrival - I was late but not a problem, booked in the car, asked for any concerns etc and told me when the car would be ready. Took off the price of an air filter because mine has a K&N washable (mouse ate the paper one wink.gif)
Collection - Very courteous, very efficient, very helpful. I asked about a small clip missing from my drivers door (another one to thank fookers for) and they've ordered one and even offered to post it to me...

overall experience (ignoring the expense wink.gif ) 10/10

i will be using them again next year.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 AM

Dealer Name: Howards Honda, Weston-Super-Mare
Workmanship: 7
Knowledge of the car: 7
Customer Service: 8
Sales: 5

Comments about good or bad service:

2yr service (my first) and recommended by Rob ('s_silver_s2k) and gets 15% discount with S2KUK membership so thought I'd give it a go as I've heard bad things about Bristol Cribbs which is my local. Booked in by a friendly lady and told me up front it would be
Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Dealer Name. Johnsons, Milton Keynes
Workmanship 1
Knowledge of the car 1
Customer Service 1
Sales 1
Comments about good or bad service.

I bought my S2000 in Jan of this year from Johnsons in Milton Keynes and cannot begin to convey my disappointment at the sales and after-sales service.

- The "salesman" I spoke to didn't know anything about S2000's.
- I had a private plate to transfer which they said they would arrange (wish I had done it myself after picking it up!) they didn't bother taking the paperwork to/from the DVLA when they said they would which delayed the whole process.
- Refused to repair a stonechip on the front (fair enough). Said they'd look at a dent on the hardtop (when I picked it up he'd clearly forgotten so said "they tried but that's the best they could do).
- Forgot to service the car for the 24mth/18k before I picked it up.
- I negotiated to get the money back for tax from my trade-in car. They lied and then ended up claiming it back themselves (almost
Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Dealer Name: Ash Honda, Yeovil
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 10
Sales n/a
Took the car there for its first service under my ownership after reading recommendation on here - under a previous section now I think?
Went for a 27k as the valve clearance checks had been missed previously (car now has 36k).
Overall, I couldn't fault the service from these guys, from the initial phone contact - great to speak to front desk staff who actually have a clue about the car - to collecting it in sparkling condition 6hrs after drop-off. Nice free coffee, too!
Their senior technician, Ben Davies, works on all NSXs and S2s, so good to know you're in safe hands. A detailed 3-page report accompanied the invoice (standard I guess, but it bolstered my confidence).
They also fitted two new rear RE050As (supplied by myself) inclusive in the pre-quoted
Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer Name: avonvale Honda
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 6
Customer Service (aka - parts) 10
Sales n/a
took my prelude in for 4ws fault (just needed alignment), and it took 4 further returns to the dealer to get it fixed. they were always happy to try and fix it, and didnt try to fob me off with a 'faulty sensor' story etc. dispite having to go back 4 times to fix what should of been done the first visit, they were spot on perfect every time, and always valeted it. thats the only time i've had work booked in.
their parts desk is also 10/10. always happy to help, and always feels like they'll go one step further to help you. been the same for the last 3 years of honda ownership for me.
as an added plus, they even know my face (not yet on 1st name terms) and always greet me with an "i know you" smile.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT