UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 01-19-2006, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ddin't realise they dealt with Hondas.

Thought that the Weybridge branch were their Honda dealers, and Ottershaw the MG ones (of course that was before MG Rover decided to stop existing!).
Old 01-19-2006, 10:11 AM

Thumbs up

Had my 3yr old S serviced at Peter Brookes a couply of weeks ago, servicing was excellent (which is more than can be said for sales ). gd price too for full service.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by san2000,Jan 19 2006, 04:04 PM
Ddin't realise they dealt with Hondas.

Thought that the Weybridge branch were their Honda dealers, and Ottershaw the MG ones (of course that was before MG Rover decided to stop existing!).
OK I could be mistaken but I have noticed a couple of S2K's sitting outside lately.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Took my 04 S2000 to Honda Aylesbury for a 24 month service, very helpful, and the work seems fine. I do have a problem with a rattle which apparently is coming from the hard top catch, they said it could not be adjusted, so I am going to check this out with another dealer before i give my score.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:54 AM

Marshall Honda in Reading have changed hands. They're now Cloverleaf Cars, presumably part of the same franchise that has the dealership in Ascot (who also impressed me on the CS front when I had an emergency "hunt somewhere with an oil cap in stock" scenario a few months back)

I'll be going in next week for a geo check & adjustment and I'll find out more then.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Stratstones (ex Dixon) of Leeds, second service
Old 04-21-2006, 01:20 PM

to Avondale Honda Coventry.

Ordered front and rear pads + shin etsu silicone grease over the phone two days ago. Everyone understood, will be ready for pick up today.

Went over lunchtime, took them 30mins to check, didn't have my name or order, as if I never made the order. Person I spoke to was not there, no one else could find my details. Anyway, eventually brought out my pads, ok. But didn't know WTF I was on about when I asked for the silicone grease, I was even asked 'are they for the brakes?' I didn't have the part number to hand, so I left a little annoyed and late for work

To update, 3 months ago I had my service and they wanted to change my brake discs, they said they were warped. I had them measured last week, using a device that measures to 0.1mm, and they were within service limit. No problems at all.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 AM

A qualified to Avonvale Solihull.

Courteous over the phone, and in person (think it was Richard I dealt with). Added couple of warranty-inspections onto the service sheet without issue.

Forgot to ask about shin-etsu grease for the hood seals. When they called the next morning, I asked Richard about this, and he had no idea what it was - 'never heard of it'. A little disappointed that he didn't offer to look into it, and more disappointed that the dealership doesn't know how to maintain one of their brand cars!

Collect the following day, car is ready early (2.5hrs for a 27k service inc. tappet inspection/adjustment...seems a bit quick, but depends if they had 2 people working on it...one of those 'will never know' things, so not going to mark them down without evidence), car is clean and unblemished, Richard again courteous and helpful. Didn't get charged for brake-fluid change, asked the question and he said 'yes we've done it' and something about forgetting to charge for fluid. This seemed odd that he didn't then change the bill and add it on.

Take home, inspect. Paintwork now has more small swirl-marks than it did, all over. Looked a bit flat on the bonnet in dull light initially, not convinced there's anything wrong now, need to give it a proper wash and check, probably OK. All fluids at a sensible level, but the brake fluid (see above) looks the same colour as when I dropped it off. Level doesn't look to have changed much either.

So:-
Workmanship: 70% (Concerns over brake fluid, won't mark down for paintwork or for quick tappet-check)
Knowledge of the S2000: 50% (The one serious question I ask they fail on)
Customer service: 90% (Very good with no real cock-ups)
Sales: N/A
Overall: 70% (Good, but left me with a nagging distrust of their mechanics, maybe misplaced.)
Old 07-13-2006, 01:20 AM

Old 07-13-2006, 01:26 AM

It's time I gave Blackpool Honda the once over for others...

Workmanship: 100%
Knowledge of the S2000: 100%
Customer service: 90% (Very good any mistakes or errors (on bill) fixed and genuinely apologetic and embarrassed)
Sales: Treated well and politely by Kris (ex. S2000 owner) when we bought the CTR
Overall: 95% Very Happy with the package as a whole. If you go ask for S2kUK Owners discount. (so join now if you've not already)

Ask for Rob (one of 2 Master Techs there) to do the work, good tech always has time for you, even when you're not sure of what you're talking about, and that's 'Priceless'!
E.G. I hear of lots of people getting calls 'you need new brake pads' and when they get the car back they're fine and do another 10k on them. My service sheet says 'Rear pads, may require attention in 3,000 miles. Keep an eye on them Perfect.
If he said I needed something, I'd buy it!

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT