UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 08-28-2005, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are, just Nick ain't updating it Sent a couple of things about 3 weeks ago. Get yer finger out mate
Old 09-09-2005, 01:17 PM

Ok I know its my nearest and regular dealer, for whom i have been a good customer, but I constantly read of bad customer service and overcharging at some dealerships. My own recent experiences a happy one

My NSX has only been in my ownership for about 6 weeks, when I started to experience a bad crunch when changing between 4/5 gear. I also thought the clutch was either out of adjustment or on the way out.

Booked in at Norton Way Honda to investigate on a Monday morning. By Tuesday the gaerbox had been extracted and stripped to unearth a worn synchro. The clutch was also worn, but still with some life. I asked for a quote to replace the clutch plates (two) whilst all was stripped which came in at only
Old 09-09-2005, 03:54 PM

Ryland Honda in Cardiff are great on the sales side (Whatever the car) super efficient handover of the car and free choccies Yum Yum. Also delivered hardtop and stand to house the same day (nice touch) .
So far only 50 miles on the clock so can't speak about the service side.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:30 AM

I called Norton way yesterday for a chat about the brakes on the NSX and warranty work. No one available and still waiting for the call back

Trident couldn't be bothered either. They called me back and assumed my car was a civic or something when explaining the service work that would be due next June, or 8k miles after the last service (NSX is 6k service interval)

Would dearly love to take it to Brayley but I need the NSX service history on it
Old 09-10-2005, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Sep 10 2005, 10:30 AM
I called Norton way yesterday for a chat about the brakes on the NSX and warranty work. No one available and still waiting for the call back
NHW are generally very good, and I have no reason to go elsewhere - but, I have also experienced the odd niggle of calls not being returned, spares not being ordered properly - just something that one has to put up with I guess. Give them another chance Simon
Old 09-10-2005, 06:08 AM

FW Mays Redhill are good. IMO they care about the fact it's an S and is probably your pride and joy. I moved from Trident to them, Trident were ok but didn't share the same interest.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Type R,Sep 10 2005, 09:36 AM
I have also experienced the odd niggle of calls not being returned, spares not being ordered properly - just something that one has to put up with I guess.
I was round there at 8:10am this morning (the allegedly open at 8:00am).

The security poles on the entrance were still up so I just parked across them. When I got inside there was nobody there to serve me as they had to move their cars When someone did turn up it took him a while to serve me as none of the computers at the desk had been switched on.

However, as Chris says just little niggles and I have never had a complaint about any work they have done on either of my cars ..... and they have done a *lot* of work on them
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 AM

Finally spoken to someone after making another call.

They seem genuinely interested in looking after the car so I will give them a chance, it goes in on Monday
Old 09-23-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one got any more in the NW?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:19 PM

Just had to post this.

I had a 27k service done yesterday and i had to rush home after collecting car and immediatley noticed that the brakes were very spongy over the first half/two thirds of the pedal throw, 30% of usual braking power thru this part and normal at the bottom... most likely they had left some air in there after replacing the fluid.

Called dealership at 5pm last night to report it and they called me back literally two minuites later to say that their service manager and a technician would be at my house by 9 the next morning... 140 mile round trip!!

I even argued for a less drastic solution as i didn't want to put them to that trouble but they were having none of it and stated that they would even leave me their car if it turns out to be anything they can't fix there and then.

I know you could argue that they should have done it right in the first place but $hit does happen sometimes and when they react like that the only thing you can do is give them a big .

Nice one Avonvale... top servive!

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT