UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 09-11-2004, 10:01 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Norton Way Honda Letchworth

Workmanship 9 - got the geo. almost spot-on (at the second attempt!)
Knowledge of the car 9 - There was a simple misunderstanding over the geo. first time round.
Customer services - 10 - they resprayed the wheels that the tyre fitters scrathed FOC and very nicely. Nick explained extended warranty options very well.
Sales - n/a

They really try hard, especially if things do go wrong. Civic IMA was a fascinating courtesy car!
Old 10-27-2004, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Sep 11 2004, 06:01 PM
Norton Way Honda Letchworth

Workmanship 9 - got the geo. almost spot-on (at the second attempt!)
Knowledge of the car 9 - There was a simple misunderstanding over the geo. first time round.
Customer services - 10 - they resprayed the wheels that the tyre fitters scrathed FOC and very nicely. Nick explained extended warranty options very well.
Sales - n/a

They really try hard, especially if things do go wrong. Civic IMA was a fascinating courtesy car!
Lookers Honda - Lenton Nottingham

Knowledge of the car 7 - They openly admit we know more than them!
Customer services - 10 - Execellent, and invited me to join Honda's Corporate Club!
Sales - 10 Always good - Will is a great salesman

My car was in for its 27k service, job well done and it feels great. They also replaced all 4 wheel caps due to corrosion with no questions asked and they orderd them withouts viewing.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:20 AM

Dealer Name - Yeomans Honda Ferring, Littlehampton

Workmanship - n/a
Knowledge of the car - n/a
Customer Services - 7
Sales - n/a

Comments: (Second Service) Was advised to arrive as close to 8:30 as possible on Saturday (when they opened). Arrived 8:35. Doors to the show room were open. Not a soul to be seen.

8:45 Salesman appears. Totally ignored me. Salesman took Honda Flags out & put them up at the front of the forecourt. Returned. Still ignored me. He went for coffee.

8:55 Service guy appeared from round the back somewhere. Correctly anticipated who I was & what I was there for. Keys handed over.

12:00 Picked car up. Tyres getting worn at rear. No other comments. Car squeaky clean. No problems, no in depth discussions, no issues, no clue how good the mechanic was.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dealer name John Banks Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

they are great on everything accept on pricing i asked fo ra price on some brake bits, they just ordered them and took payment without even telling me.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:37 AM

Fag douts seem to be an issue at Hyndland Honda, Glasgow....in view of a previous post. I found two IN my car footwell (may have been taken in on sole of boot) however car smelled of smoke as well. In addition, small scratch on drivers door where something had been dropped, so voted with my feet and have been to St Andrews Honda instead. So far very impressed with knowledge of car and customer service.. but will update once work completed.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:24 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

3000+ users registered in the UK here. I estimate 4-500 active ones (lurkers and posters) How many owners? hmm must be about the same.

Come on peeps, lets get the input

New Year's Bump!
Old 12-31-2004, 04:38 AM

Dealer Name. Norton Way, Letchworth
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car: 8 (questionable though)
Customer Service 09
Sales: 9
Norton Way Cafe: 9

Had my car Serviced on Wednesday (36K), just for peace of mind all is ok as I have only had it for 6 weeks.

I firstly explained to them I had the oil light come on a few times under heavy breaking and I was not sure about the oil reading. The chap seemed very helpful, came straight out to the car and read the oil for me. 'Yep thats fine, in fact you may have a little to much oil'. I was please with what he said. And glad I had not been running my engine dry.

The service I belive was done on time but I also needed 2 front tyres, alignment, tracking and geometry checking. This took ages but I'm glad it was done. They gave me 10% off the total of the tyres and fitting as I said I could get them slightly cheaper.

On completing the car, taking 6 hours I went out for the test drive. My first question was about the oil light, what was wrong 'it only had 2 litres of oil in the engine'

WTF, I've asked his college to check and he said it was fine, now I'm even more confused. If the mechanic cant check the oil and tell me its low, who can!!

Drove home after spending
Old 01-19-2005, 10:22 AM

Dealer Name: Baden Powell, Scu.nthorpe
Workmanship: 8
Knowledge of the car: 8
Customer Service: 9
Sales: n/a

Had my 18000 mile service done today.

Service bloke was helpful with my questions, and took pics of my corroded alloys with a view to replacing them without me asking.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM

Dealer: Springfield Honda, Durham
Workmanship: 0
Knowledge of the car: 0
Customer Service: 0
Sales: 0

Idiots!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:36 PM

BeccY, did you get it sorted?

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT