UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 05-17-2004, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had my 1st yr service done at Two Mills nr Chester. very pleased and price was good at
Old 06-07-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Excellent service at Crown Honda

It was that time of year again for my baby. Tension was building. I was worried. I couldn't sleep the night before. Nightmares of some chav scratching my car or even destroying her.

Fast forward to Saturday....arrived at Crown Honda Bushey Heath. Found a covered parking space and made sure I took up two spaces - looking good - no chance of any numpty dinging the doors.

Walked in an spoke to the guy at the service counter - told him that I had booked my car in for service with George. "sorry sir, George is off today" I was mortified..."no George, BUT I specifically booked the car in on a Saturday that George would be working" his excuse "sorry but there must have been a mix up" my retort "this is just pathetic, I book my car in specifically with George and now you tell me he is not here". At this point, the dealership manager overheard and came over looking concerned. He was excellent - professional, courteous and assured me that his older brother Manuel is here and that he will take car of the car.

Manuel came out with me to inspect the car - looked at it for 10 seconds and said "erm, I don't think I need to inspect it - it's immaculate" and then went on about he loved working on cars where the owner took pride in their vehicle.

Seat and floor was covered with a plastic cover and was promptly driven into the workshop. As the car was being raised on the ramps, another technician was leaving the workshop in a customer's car. He slammed the anchors on..."sweet mother - what the ... the exhaust...why? wow...." He then looks at me and asks " why is the exhaust blue? and how do you keep the undercarriage spotless?" (I won't bother repeating what I said because I know what you guys will say - don't drive blah blah blah

At this point several of the sales guys and dealership manager came out to the workshop to look at the car and were in awe of the exhaust.

Service completed in an hour - Manuel took the car out for a 3-4 minute drive around the block. " so what do you think" I asked eagerly. "exactly how Honda designed it to drive - very tight and smooth" with a big grin on his face.

The total for the 24 mths service came upto
Old 06-07-2004, 03:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amuse Boy

Met AE - really top bloke! Still can't get over his PC - bloody monster machine.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Turner
Old 06-07-2004, 03:21 AM

But then Budgie is only 3' 6'' anyway.........

I'm assuming that it was the 24 months rather than the 18,000 months which triggered the second service How many miles has GQ actually covered now?
Old 06-07-2004, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by Mark Turner
But then Budgie is only 3' 6'' anyway.........

I'm assuming that it was the 24 months rather than the 18,000 months which triggered the second service How many miles has GQ actually covered now?
First Service 12mths - 3507 miles
Second service 24mths - 5500 miles

Gonna build up a lot more miles this year. - I promise.

Oh and one more thing, make sure you specify what oil they are to use as Manuel was about to use fully synthetic - a big no no before 10,000 miles. Had him use the Semi synthetic Shell Helix Plus 10W40.

Got home and checked the oil after 30 mins and couldn't see it at all! It is crystal clear!

Got to change the lsd and gear oil sometime soon.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:23 AM

DSS updated
Old 06-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

My PC isnt big - its only a full tower with 2 TFT's

You didnt see the black box upstairs with 16 HDD's in it though did you

AB's car was looking stunning as usual

Manuel is an old guy isnt he? He's the NSX dude IIRC
Old 06-08-2004, 12:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AquilaEagle
My PC isnt big - its only a full tower with 2 TFT's

You didnt see the black box upstairs with 16 HDD's in it though did you

AB's car was looking stunning as usual

Manuel is an old guy isnt he?
Old 06-20-2004, 05:37 PM

Johnson's Kidlington, Oxford

Just had 36 month service done. When I booked it the guy asked if everything was OK and was there anything in particular they should look into. Said car was running like clockwork (14k miles) and mentioned corrosion on wheels. Courtesy car offered (and taken). They phoned when service was finished and said they agreed about wheel corrosion (still under warrnaty) and would consult with Honda. A couple of days later they phoned and said all 4 wheels would be replaced, when can you bring it in for fitting of wheels.

Result!!

So, big for Johnson's Kidlington, but a slight for Crown Bushey as when I had previous service done there and mentioned corrosion of wheels said it wasn't corrosion but 'chipping and pitting'

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT