UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 04-19-2004, 02:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealer Name. Hyndland Honda, Glasgow
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 10
Sales N/A

Comments
Thought I'd try them out for a service as some of the guys have been saying good things.
18k service cost
Old 04-20-2004, 03:02 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Dealer Name. Springfield Honda Snderland
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 06
Sales N/A

Things were going real good for theses guys... used them for my previous Hondas and never had any probs.
had s booked in for the 54k service, curtosy car ready..civic 1.6. vtec exec thingy(nasty to drive) told me the car hadnt had the warrenty work caried out... said they would still do it tho, even tho car wasnt bought from them and it was outta warranty
car had service n mot but the parts for the warrenty work didnt turn up so they had to keep the car overnight as it was allready srtipped waiting called to pick the car up after work n they said it wasnt ready. had to wait almost another hour from when i got there. no sorry for the delay or we'll knock some price off. when asked if any compensation for the car being kept longer than agreed or having to wait for the car but was told as i had a curtosy car there was nothing they could do

so now the stats read
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 02
Sales N/A
Old 04-20-2004, 03:10 AM

Dealer Name. Springfield Honda Gateshead
Workmanship n/a
Knowledge of the car n/a
Customer Service -10 yes thats minus 10
Sales N/A

Called them 3 times for a 63k service, told the service manager was with customers the first 2 times and on his lunch the last. Each time they took my name and number but no reply call was recieved.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:26 AM

Dealer Name. Springfield Honda Durham
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 10
Sales 5

63K service

After the pi$$ poor customer service from Gateshead i called the Durham branch, result booked in for less than 24 hours later(called about 2pm monday and booked in for 8am tuesday)

No probs with the car or the work done, tried to get a go in the 04 S2K but the guy was out til later (to be honest im no fan of the new looks insided or out but was just to pass the time)

So sat waiting for almost 2 hours (3 cups of coffee and having a check of the CTR, even tho i had my car in for a service and i was looking and sitting in the CTR and ask for a test drive of the 04 S2K not one of the 4 salesmen approached me to try and give me the pater)

Came and told me what stuff the car might need checking soon
when it was going for a test drive
when it was back and getting washed
and as soon as it was pulled up front ready to pay.

Car was as spotless as it went in and came with the new oil top up pack(1L of oil, wipes, tissues and paper funnels in a seal plastic bag)

This is where the S goes from now
Old 04-23-2004, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer Name. Lookers Nottingham
Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 8
Customer Service 11
Sales 6
Comments
Sales
Not that good, been there done that attitude. Not too chuffed at one of us using them for a test drive and then importing a Nurby! Not that complimentary about this forum either!
Service
V good! Loads of coffee whilst I waited. Did 38K service plus other bits in 4 hours.Happy for me to supply oil did a good job on the service, MOT and remedial work, washed and vacuumed the car parked it right outside the door! Only minus would not change headlight full of water under warranty! We will see!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:52 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Norton Way Honda Letchworth.

Workmanship 9
Knowledge 10
Customer Service 11
Sales N/A.

Just got back from 3 year/27K service/MOT/Clutch upgrade. All seems to be in order.

A slight driveline vibration over 100 seems the only flaw.

Nick phoned to say all was done, BUT front pads were too low, did I want them changed.

When I returned their brand new Jazz, Julia apologised for the work taking so many days, due to staff absence. Poor girl did look unusually flustered.

Julia & Nick are extremely professional and know their stuff, J explaining the service schedule and billing fully.

Driving the car to the door was the only problem. Every time the driver got one car shifted, some other blocked him in. It was like a Whitehall farce!

Highly recommended once again.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I've not been Springfield's greatest fan I better give them a comment in the plus column.

I asked them to retorque the suspension bolts to stop a clunk and also for some top up oil. They did the work and gave me about 3l of top up oil for free.

This was the Low Fell branch. Customer service up to 7 now
Old 04-23-2004, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the clunk fixed Neil?
If so, then it might be a good addition to the Tech FAQ, there's been a number of posts about clunks in the past, and it certainly sorted mine.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:26 PM

Not sure as it's been too nice to drive with the roof up. As soon as I know I'll sort something on the tech faq
Old 04-23-2004, 11:11 PM

FYI - updated to here!

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT