UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 03-22-2004, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer Name Springfield Honda, Low Fell
Workmanship -
Knowledge of the car -
Customer Service -
Sales -

See next page of the thread

Comments

I wasn't happy returning to Springfield after the way I was treated over my last S2000, consequently I'm unable to change my opinions of the sales department from the 1 I gave them last time round. However, as they have now bought all the dealerships in the Newcastle & Sunderland area I'm stuck with them.

The service department is much better than the sales, and Sean at Low Fell seems to put up with my endless barrage of questions They seemed to do a good job today, 63k service
Old 03-22-2004, 12:01 PM

Cutted and pasted from another thread. Hey...I only tell it how it is.

I wouldn't do derby tbh.

Took my car there complaining about wind noise from the hood. Salesman at front desk came out and prodded at the seals - hadn't got a clue. Nothing suspicious here he says.

Salesman 1 "I haven't driven one so I don't know a lot about them"

Me ....Ok then...what about one of your mechanics

Salesman 1 "Oh actually one of the other salesman used to own one"

Salesman 2 "They to tend to make noise at speed"
Me: "No they don't - I have friends who own them"

Me:.. OK then... what about one of your mechanics

Mechanic prods around for five minutes not even looking at the latches. which Im 90% sure is the problem but want dealer confirmation.

Me "What about the latches

Mechanic "They do get worn I think"

Me "Can I replace them"

Mechanic " I think so"

Me "Rightio..........i i'll pop back and get you to sort it out next week"

NOT !!!!!

Dimwits. If your going to work on and sell a brand at least know about your product. Bloody Hell. Friend of mine had poor service on his 27K - workmanship was Ok im not going to double knock it but he says he wont go back so its Notts for me I think.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Dealer Name: Yeomans Honda, Ferring, West Sussex
Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 9
Customer Service 9
Sales n/a

Yeomans Honda (used to be John Coopers) at Ferring did my 18K/24,000 mile service today.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:08 PM

Nice to know some of them can do it when they try!

Don't forget to PM your results to mikerich, the guardian of the dealer feedback stats, Pete!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

gad - I have merged your thread into this DSS thread
Old 04-14-2004, 02:19 PM

Dealer Name Hynland Honda
Workmanship 9
Knowledge of the car 1-10 9
Customer Service 1-10 9
Sales 1-10 8

Comments about good or bad service.

Very much a rollercoaster at times. The management take quality very seriously but are let down by their staff, which they then bend over backwards to put right only to be let down again.

I'll keep going to them as they have it the right way round, nothing worse than Lions lead by Donkeys

My battery died and I phoned them to get it sorted, they got a bit mixed up and told me the warranty had expired and they couldn't do the work.

After I sorted that out they did a shed load of warranty work for me, no questions asked, including new battery, new clutch, new gearbox, new alloys and new seals.

However I had asked them to phone me back 4 times to find out what was happening but no one phoned me back to tell me they were doing all this terrific work

But then when I got the car back I found a small collection of fag ends in the engine bay

But the work done seems very good, gearbox is loosening up nicely and car is driving very well.

In summary, their heart is in the right place.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Dealer Name. Kettering Honda
Workmanship: 4
Knowledge of the car:7
Customer Service :5
Sales:5
sold me an import without telling me it was an import, but offered 2 years free servicing, new rear tyres and a guareteed by back at uk car list price as compensation when challenged. didn't valet the car very well, didn't sort out all the chips and scratches first time around so the car had to go back, told me at time of sale that corrosion on the alloy wheels was covered by the extended warranty and that honda would replace them any way under the anticorrosion warranty. when i then tool the car back as the wheels were corroding the said they weren't covered and offered to refurb them for me which they duly did. overall, not the best performance but when challenged about things dealt with them. sales manager knows his stuff and gets things done. Nick Wills, salesman, is very smooth but his knowledge is poor and tells porky pies to sell cars.

car will be going back for servicing as it has been offered free so i will report on the service department then.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Service from my Dealer so far is Second to none and he deserves the CORNER POSITION!
Old 04-19-2004, 11:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by neil_s2k
Dealer Name Springfield Honda, Low Fell
Workmanship 7
Knowledge of the car 7
Customer Service 9
Sales 1

Comments

I wasn't happy returning to Springfield after the way I was treated over my last S2000, consequently I'm unable to change my opinions of the sales department from the 1 I gave them last time round. However, as they have now bought all the dealerships in the Newcastle & Sunderland area I'm stuck with them.

The service department is much better than the sales, and Sean at Low Fell seems to put up with my endless barrage of questions They seemed to do a good job today, 63k service
Old 04-19-2004, 02:44 PM

Dealer Name. Fleet Honda Fleet, Hants
Workmanship 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 110
Sales ?
Comments about good or bad service:

Bought a used S from non honda picked up on friday night,
checked this site, sat morning at 10.00 checked oil NONE WHATSOEVER and I couldnt get the oil cap off !!!! took to fleet honda at 10.05 explained situation ( needed to be in southampton at 11.30 ) The Service manager takes my keys takes the car round the back .....

10 mins later comes in grinning to say that it needed a bit over a litre of oil and I need to eat more wheatabix !!

When i asked how much he says and this is the best bit ..........

"On us sir enjoy the experience" and sends me on my way !!!

I have worked for a couple of car dealerships over the years main dealer like BMW and Jag ..... I have never seen or heard of service like that.

So to recap Fleet honda as yet have not had a penny out of me but have given me nothing but confidence in them I will be taking it back in a couple K miles.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT