UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Dilemma :(

Old 04-25-2003, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it all depends on which tech you get??
Old 04-25-2003, 03:44 AM

Don't know if you are near SE London/Kent, but I use Tunbridge Wells Honda/Mazda.

They do not pretend that they eat, sleep and drink S2000s and are more than happy to be elucidated with information from the anorak brigade.

If you want honesty (whether it is good or bad news) I recommend them. Matt is the guy on service reception.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:02 PM

I'm still prety much confused. I am so damn scared of finding the airbox scratched or the front panels dinged. Looks as though it may well be Crown - for the moment.

UK Paul - thanks for the offer mate - I'mstil ding loads of searchs and if I find any negatives about Crown - I may well be travelling...even as far as 300 miles!

Will I look totally stupid if I give the service guys two bottles (8Ltrs) of Ford mineral oil (10w30)? I hope they don't kick up a fuss. Oh and I got a quote for the molybednum stuff -
Old 04-25-2003, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by Chris Type R
They're also NSX approved, so may be more technically competant.
Marshall are NSX approved. Doesnt seem to mean a lot unfortunately.

Sorry N4S - if you find a good dealer let me know! Marshall have rung me today, as they promised, and apologised and promised they will send the paperwork for my service. They have offered to make good the damage but there is no offer of any compensation.

Keith
Old 04-26-2003, 02:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyringe
[B]
Marshall are NSX approved.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:10 AM

The worst dealer experience I had by far was with John Cooper Honda in Worthing. They are NSX approved and the business was founded by the John Cooper of Grand Prix racing and Mini Cooper fame. Sadly John died a few years back, so the business is now run by his sons. They do not have the equipment to check the wheel alignment so they don't bother. After my gearbox was replaced, they tweaked the trackrods to get the steering wheel straight and kept road tested the car at 30mph until it went in a straight line. A number of parts were scratched from being kicked around the workshop floor. I guess I should have realived this by looking at the state of the NSX they had in pieces at the time.

The second worst experience was Chiswick Honda. Looks nice, but service is very poor. Oh, they are NSX approved as well.

IIRC Honda (UK) only sold 5 NSX last year and they have more NSX approved dealers than that. It seems that Honda (UK) Customer Relations have no great influence over the dealers anyway. I guess we should all get together and publically (local TV, newspapers, etc) humiliate the crap ones, as it is unlikely that Honda (UK) will do anything about it.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:16 AM

Originally posted by S2000RJ
I guess we should all get together and publically (local TV, newspapers, etc) humiliate the crap ones, as it is unlikely that Honda (UK) will do anything about it.
Good idea Rob. Someone was keeping a dealer ratings list (sgrant?) but Im not sure if he is still around.

Maybe the best thing would be an web page that would allow people to easily enter their experiences online and therefore ratings are always upto-date. Sounds like I might be making a job for myself here...

Keith
Old 04-26-2003, 06:41 AM

Some kind of voting system for sales and service would be good

I'm not doing it though, I've got enough to do with the Tech FAQ
Old 04-26-2003, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by neil_s2k
Some kind of voting system for sales and service would be good

I'm not doing it though, I've got enough to do with the Tech FAQ
Hahaha - OK Neil, we'll let you off with that. Im just starting something now - I'll be finished this evening Seriously, I will have a go.

Keith
Old 04-26-2003, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AquilaEagle... 40+PPD Average???

Quick Reply: Dealer Dilemma :(