UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

De-badged over the weekend

Old 09-07-2003, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default De-badged over the weekend

Well I got the S out to wash over the weekend and thought:-

"Jeepers those badges really look friggin 'orrid, time to take the plunge"

So I got some floss and did 'the thing'.........got a bit of a shock at the amount of adhesive underneath I have to say

I used a tooth brush and a glass of petrol to soften it and some time........make that a lot of time later......I had nice clean wings....and shagged fingers!!

There was a slight shadow where the badges had been but a quick Zymol and there's no trace of the badges at all

The difference on the eye is staggering in my opinion....the badges just distracted your attention.......the wings look longer and seem to 'integrate' better with the bonnet line

This is defo something everyone should do in my opinion....now I just can't undertand why it took me so long to get round to it
Old 09-08-2003, 12:12 AM
AGW

Some piccies would be nice please Zero. Not sure if my cars ready for a flossing yet, but i'm always open to new idea's.

AGW
Old 09-08-2003, 12:16 AM

Are we talking both badges here, Paul?

I've been deliberating about removing the Honda badge, but I'm not sure I'd want to remove the S2000 badge too - I quite like that one.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:18 AM

I went the whole 9 yards and did the Honda, S and 2000 badges....
Old 09-08-2003, 12:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the 'halfway' house option (removed Honda badges to make the car look the same as S2000's in every other country in the world )

Old 09-08-2003, 12:35 AM

I was considering leaving the S badge but once I started flossing I couldn't stop.....I was feeling a tad reckless but like I say I am pleased with the end result
Old 09-08-2003, 12:53 AM

Amazing! I got rid of my Honda badges on Saturday. I was very sunny which made the badge on one side positively hot. I simply pulled it off then got rid of the gunge with a "sticky label remover" liquid I bought from Maplins. It still took a time, but I did not have to use a brush, just a soft cloth and my thumb.

I think the car looks much cleaner without the Honda badge, though I like, and have left, the S2000.

I like having the S2000 on the side, though the actual "realisation" of the logo is not my idea of "neat"! My ideal would be to have the same logo, same size but painted in silver beneath the clear coat, covered with a mist of car colour making you have to look "into the paint" to read it. The surface would be smooth, but the logo would still be there. My car is MCB so silver would work - not sure about the other colours though. I suspect the whole S2000 on or off thing is colour sensitive, or at least sensitive to the colour being dark or light. On the darker colours the logos, to my eye, emphasise the line of the car, on the lighter colours the logo may break the panel up and hence distract. But I still do not like the sheer bulk and cleaning nightmare of the actual plastic itself.

Trouble is I have no idea where to go to look at having this done - which would probably mean reclear coating the whole wing - and even if I did I probably do not have the courage!

LawyerMan - Get em off! You will not regret it.

EDIT - What I meant to say was one badge was very hot due to the sun - I simply pulled it off with my fingernails. The other was stone cold and would not budge. Solution, turn the car around and wait half an hour.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:07 AM

mine is MCB and there is definately a case of the badge forming some kind of 'line'..........to my eye though the car looks less 'interrupted' with out the badging and the wing appears to blend in more to create the impression that front is a one piece 'clam shell'
Old 09-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I think its nice with just the S2000 (or even 2000 S ) badges, gives the car a much better line down the front IMO go on MT go for it
Old 09-08-2003, 03:18 AM

Now go and get yourself some Ricks badges.

They are very thin and really add to the mystery of the car.

I have had so many people coming up to me asking what kind of car it is.....I have noticed people in cars behind me drawing closer at lights and squinting to see what the badge says.

Love it !!

Quick Reply: De-badged over the weekend